80+ Adolf Hitler Quotes: Exploring the Mind of a Dictator
Adolf Hitler quotes are some of the most controversial and debated statements in history. As the former dictator of Nazi Germany, Hitler’s words and speeches played a significant role in fueling Nazi ideology and shaping the events of World War II.
Despite their controversial nature, many of Hitler’s quotes continue to be studied and analyzed by historians and scholars to understand the mindset and beliefs of Hitler. Some of his most memorable quotes are showcased below.
61 Adolf Hitler Famous Quotes to Remember him By
Adolf Hitler was one of the most infamous figures in history, known for his speeches and quotes that fueled the Nazi ideology. Here are a few:
- Any opportunity to inflict lasting damage on the striking power of the enemy must be taken advantage of.
- All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.
- All military traffic, communications, industrial and supply installations as well as objects within Reich territory that might be used by the enemy in the continuation of his fight, either now or later, are to be destroyed.
- All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.
- Any violence which does not spring from a spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain. It lacks the stability which can only rest in a fanatical outlook.
- Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.
- As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.
- As soon as by one’s own propaganda even a glimpse of right on the other side is admitted, the cause for doubting one’s own right is laid.
- Best wishes for your personal well-being as well as for the prosperous future of the peoples of the friendly Soviet Union.
- German youth, do not forget that you are a German.
- Germany will either be a world power or will not be at all.
- God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we are defending His work…Therefore, it is all the more necessary on this twelfth anniversary of the rise to power to strengthen the heart more than ever before and to steel ourselves in the holy determination to wield the sword, no-matter where and under what circumstances, until final victory crowns our efforts.
- Great liars are also great magicians.
- Hate is more lasting than dislike.
- How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think.
- Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice.
- I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature.
- I don’t see much future for the Americans … it’s a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities … everything about the behaviour of American society reveals that it’s half Judaised, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a State like that to hold together?
- I go the way that Providence dictates with the assurance of a sleepwalker.
- I know that fewer people are won over by the written word than by the spoken word and that every great movement on this earth owes its growth to great speakers and not to great writers.
- If Nature does not wish that weaker individuals should mate with the stronger, she wishes even less that a superior race should intermingle with an inferior one; because in such a case all her efforts, throughout hundreds of thousands of years, to establish an evolutionary higher stage of being, may thus be rendered futile.
- If the race is in danger of being oppressed or even exterminated the question of legality is only of secondary importance. The established power may in such a case employ only those means which are recognized as ‘legal’. Yet the instinct of self-preservation on the part of the oppressed will always justify, to the highest degree, the employment of all possible resources.
- It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.
- It is more difficult to undermine faith than knowledge, love succumbs to change less than to respect, hatred is more durable than aversion, and at all times the driving force of the most important changes in this world has been found less in a scientific knowledge animating the masses, but rather in a fanaticism dominating them and in a hysteria which drove them forward.
- It is not truth that matters, but victory.
- Kill, Destroy, Sack, Tell lie; how much you want after victory nobody asks why?
- Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace.
- Now terror will be answered with terror.
- Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken.
- Once again I take this opportunity, my old comrades in arms, to greet you, joyful that I have once again been spared a fate which, while it held no terror for me personally, would have had terrible consequences for the German People. I interpret this as a sign from Providence that I must continue my work, and therefore I shall continue it.
- Reading is not an end in itself, but a means to an end. Its chief purpose is to help towards filling in the framework which is made up of the talents and capabilities that each individual possesses.
- Soldiers of the West Front! Dunkirk has fallen … with it has ended the greatest battle in world history. Soldiers! My confidence in you knows no bounds. You have not disappointed me.
- Sooner will a camel pass through a needle’s eye than a great man be ‘discovered’ by an election.
- Strength lies not in defence but in attack.
- Struggle is the father of all things. It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle.
- Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.
- The application of force alone, without support based on a spiritual , can never bring about the destruction of an idea or arrest the propagation of it, unless one is ready and able to ruthlessly to exterminate the last upholders of that idea even to a man, and also wipe out any tradition which it may tend to leave behind.
- The art of leadership… consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention.
- The art of reading and studying consists in remembering the essentials and forgetting what is not essential.
- The battle beginning today will decide the fate of the German nation for the next thousand years.
- The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.
- The day of individual happiness has passed.
- The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion, but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others.
- The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
- The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it.
- The greatness of Christianity did not lie in attempted negotiations for compromise with any similar philosophical opinions in the ancient world, but in its inexorable fanaticism in preaching and fighting for its own doctrine.
- The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category.
- The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes.
- The only preventative measure one can take is to live irregularly.
- The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble…they quickly forget… all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. If this principle be forgotten and if an attempt be made to be abstract and general, the propaganda will turn out ineffective; for the public will not be able to digest or retain what is offered to them in this way.
- The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.
- The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.
- Those who have no understanding of the political world around them have no right to criticize or complain.
- To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.
- Today I am at the head of the strongest Army in the world, the most gigantic Air Force and of a proud Navy. Behind and around me stands the Party with which I became great and which has become great through me… Our enemies must not deceive themselves – in the 2,000 years of German history known to us, our people have never been more united than today.
- Universal education is the most corroding and disintegrating poison that liberalism has ever invented for its own destruction.
- What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.
- Whenever I think of this attack, my stomach turns over.
- Who says I am not under the special protection of God?
- With Russia smashed, Britain’s last hope would be shattered. Germany will then be master of Europe and the Balkans.
- Words build bridges into unexplored regions.
5 Adolf Hitler Quotes on Jews
Adolf Hitler, the former dictator of Nazi Germany, had a strong anti-Semitic belief and made several controversial statements about Jews during his reign. Here are a few of Adolf Hitler quotes on Jews:
- We shall only talk of peace when we have won the war. The Jewish capitalist world will not survive the twentieth century. Today I will once more be a prophet: If the international Jewish financiers in and outside Europe should succeed in plunging the nations once more in a world war, then the result will not be the Bolshevization of the Earth and thus the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe.
- Here he stops at nothing, and in his vileness he becomes so gigantic that no one need be surprised if among our people the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.
- The ignorance of the broad masses about the inner nature of the Jew, the lack of instinct and narrow-mindedness of our upper classes, make the people an easy victim for this Jewish campaign of lies.
- Eternal Nature inexorably avenges the infringement of her commands. Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.
5 Adolf Hitler Motivational Quotes
Despite the controversial content of his speeches, Adolf Hitler’s words were often used to inspire and motivate the Nazi party. Here are some motivational quotes by Adolf Hitler:
- He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.
- Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.
- As in everything, nature is the best instructor.
- I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.
- If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower.
5 Adolf Hitler Inspirational Quotes
Adolf Hitler’s speeches and quotes often inspired and motivated the Nazi party. Here are a few Adolf Hitler inspirational quotes:
- I can fight only for something that I love. I can love only what I respect. And in order to respect a thing I must at least have some knowledge of it.
- I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few.
- If today I stand here as a revolutionary, it is as a revolutionary against the Revolution.
- If you win, you need not have to explain…If you lose, you should not be there to explain!
- Industry, technology, and commerce can thrive only as long as an idealistic national community offers the necessary preconditions. And these do not lie in material egoism, but in a spirit of sacrifice and joyful renunciation.
9 Adolf Hitler Quotes on War
Adolf Hitler’s speeches and quotes on war were often used to justify the expansion of the Nazi empire and the persecution of various groups. Check these quotes on war by Adolf Hitler:
- Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.
- Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.
- Generals think war should be waged like the tourneys of the Middle Ages. I have no use for knights; I need revolutionaries.
- I am now fifty. I would rather have the war now than when I am fifty-five or sixty.
- I ought to have seized the initiative in 1938 instead of allowing myself to be forced into war in 1939; for war was, in any case, unavoidable. However, you can hardly blame me if the British and the French accepted at Munich every demand I made of them.
- If we don’t take Maikop and Grozny, then I must put an end to the war.
- This is a war of extermination.
- When diplomacy ends, War begins.
- Whoever lights the torch of war in Europe can wish for nothing but chaos.
5 Adolf Hitler Quotes About Life
Here are some of the memorable Adolf Hitler quotes about life:
- He who would live must fight. He who doesn’t wish to fight in this world, where permanent struggle is the law of life, has not the right to exist.
- It is not truth that matters, but victory.
- Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.
- Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
- Think thousand times before taking a decision But – After taking decision never turn back even if you get thousand difficulties!
Who Was Adolf Hitler?
Adolf Hitler was a German politician and leader of the Nazi Party. He came to power in 1933 as Chancellor of Germany and later Führer in 1934. During his dictatorship from 1933 to 1945, he initiated World War II in Europe by invading Poland in September 1939. He was closely involved in military operations throughout the war and was central to the perpetration of the Holocaust.
What Were Hitler’s Goals and Ideology?
Hitler’s main goal was to create a totalitarian state in Germany and to achieve Lebensraum (living space) for the German people. He believed in Aryan supremacy and advocated for the extermination of certain groups, including Jews, homosexuals, and people with disabilities. He also believed in the idea of a “New Order” in Europe and the elimination of political and cultural opposition.
What Was Hitler’s Role in the Holocaust?
Adolf Hitler played a significant role in the Holocaust, which resulted in the deaths of six million Jews, as well as millions of other minority groups, including Romani people, people with disabilities, and homosexuals.
Hitler’s racist and antisemitic ideology led to the development of the “Final Solution,” which was the systematic extermination of Jews and other minority groups. Hitler also approved and oversaw the establishment of concentration and extermination camps, where millions of people were murdered.
Did Hitler Have Any Allies?
Hitler had several allies during World War II, including Italy and Japan, and several other countries that joined the Axis powers. Hitler also had the support of many German citizens and members of the Nazi Party during his time in power.
What Was Hitler’s Impact on the World?
Hitler’s impact on the world was devastating, as he led Germany into a catastrophic war and was responsible for the Holocaust and the deaths of millions of people. His racist and antisemitic ideologies also led to widespread persecution and discrimination. His actions also contributed to the displacement of millions of people and the devastation of Europe. Hitler’s actions had a profound and lasting impact on the world, and his legacy is still felt today.
What Was Adolf Hitler’s Education Level?
Hitler’s formal education ended after he attended secondary school in Linz, Austria, from 1900-1905.
What Was Hitler’s Full Birth Name?
Adolf Hitler was born Alois Schickelgruber and later adopted the surname Hitler, the surname of the man who married his mother five years after he was born.
When Is Adolf Hitler’s Birthday?
Adolf Hitler’s birthday is April 20, 1889.
What Was Hitler’s Favorite Meal?
Hitler was reported to have enjoyed a variety of foods, including squab, liver dumplings, caviar, and succulent trout in butter sauce.
Did Adolf Hitler Ever Marry?
Adolf Hitler married his long-term partner, Eva Braun in a small ceremony in the Führerbunker, in Berlin on April 29, 1945. The wedding took place just a day before before their joint suicide in April 30, 1945.
Did Adolf Hitler Have Any Children?
It is alleged that Hitler had a son, Jean-Marie Loret, with a Frenchwoman named Charlotte Lobjoie.
What Name Did Hitler Use for Himself?
Hitler officially styled himself as der Führer und Reichskanzler, meaning the Führer and Chancellor of the Reich, after he gained control of the offices of Reichspräsident and Reichskanzler.
What Was the Name of Hitler’s First Army?
Hitler’s first private army was called the “Sturmabteilung,” or SA, and its members were known as stormtroopers or brown shirts due to the color of their uniforms.
What Is One of Hitler’s Significant Defeats During World War Ii?
The battle of Stalingrad, fought between Stalin’s Red Army and Hitler’s forces from August 23, 1942, to February 2, 1943, is considered one of the major confrontations of World War II and a significant defeat for Hitler’s army.
What Was Hitler’s First Defeat in World War Ii?
The first significant defeat for Nazi Germany during World War II was the recapture of Narvik on May 28, 1940. This defeat is believed to have convinced Hitler to alter his plans to invade Great Britain that same year.
What Was Hitler’s Pet?
Adolf Hitler had a German Shepherd dog named Blondi, who was a gift as a puppy from Martin Bormann in 1941. Blondi was with Hitler until April 29, 1945, when Hitler’s order killed her as the fall of Berlin was imminent.
How Did Hitler Die?
Hitler committed suicide on April 30, 1945, in his bunker in Berlin. According to accounts of those present, he swallowed cyanide pills and shot himself in the head. His death occurred as Allied forces were closing in on Berlin, and the end of the war in Europe was imminent.