40+ Cersei Lannister Quotes: Most Memorable Dialogues from the Iconic GoT Character
Cersei Lannister quotes are known for their wit, cunning, and often brutal nature. These words of wisdom, spoken by the iconic Game of Thrones character, have become synonymous with power and determination.
Whether it’s her cutting put-downs or her cunning plans, Cersei’s words have left a lasting impact on fans of the show. Cersei Lannister is a fictional character in the popular TV series Game of Thrones.
She is a member of House Lannister and serves as the Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms. Throughout the series, she is portrayed as a cunning and ruthless politician who will stop at nothing to protect her family and retain power.
Best Cersei Lannister Quotes of All Time
Here are some of the best Cersei Lannister quotes on power, war, familial bonds, and more:
- An unhappy wife is a wine merchant’s best friend.
- And if he dies, there isn’t a man alive who could devise a more painful death…
- It doesn’t make me feel anything.
- Was it ever possible for us? Was there ever a time, ever a moment?
- You might be the most arrogant man I’ve ever met. I like that.
- Every breath you draw in my presence annoys me.
- Everywhere in the world, they hurt little girls.
- I am a Lioness. I will not cringe for them.
- I choose violence.
- I do things because they feel good. I drink because it feels good. I killed my husband because it felt good to be rid of him.
- I fuck my brother because it feels good to feel him inside me. I lie about fucking my brother because it feels good to keep our son safe from hateful hypocrites.
- I killed your High Sparrow and all his little sparrows, all his septons, all his septas, all his filthy soldiers, because it felt good to watch them burn.
- I have sinned and must atone, must parade my shame before the eyes of every beggar in the city. They think that this will break my pride, that it will make an end to me, but they are wrong.
- I shall wear this as a badge of honor.
- I should wear the armor and you the gown.
- I thought if I could make something so good, so pure, maybe I’m not a monster.
- I wanted those elephants.
- If anything goes wrong kill the silver-haired…first, then our brother, then the…[one] who calls himself king. The rest of them you can kill in any order you see fit.
- If you ever call me ‘sister’ again, I’ll have you strangled in your sleep.
- If you want a whore, buy one. If you want a Queen, earn her.
- Look at me! Look at my face! It’s the last thing you’ll see before you die.
- No matter who you are, no matter how strong you are, sooner or later, you’ll face circumstances beyond your control.
- No one walks away from me.
- People will whisper. They’ll make their jokes. Let them.
- Seize him. Cut his throat. Stop. Wait. I’ve changed my mind. Let him go. Step back three paces. Turn around. Close your eyes.
- So we fight and die or we submit and die – I know my choice.
- Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon. The best one’s between your legs.
- The occasional kindness will spare you all sorts of trouble down the road.
- The Targaryens wed brothers and sisters for three hundred years to keep bloodlines pure. Jaime and I are more than brother and sister; we shared a womb, came into this world together – we belong together.
- They’ve made us both stronger, all of them. They have no idea how strong we are. No idea what we’re going to do to them. We’ve always been together. We’ll always be together. We’re the only two people in the world.
- Think I’d let that old lecher put his hands on me? Smells like a dead cat.
- This is Ser Gregor Clegane. He’s quiet, too. Your gods have forsaken you. This is your god now.
- Tyrion may be a monster but at least he killed our father on purpose. You killed him by mistake.
- We’ve been riding for a month, my love. Surely, the dead can wait.
- You think the piece of paper father gave you keeps you safe? Ned Stark had a piece of paper, too.
- You’re a clever man. But you’re not half as clever as you think you are.
Powerful Cersei Lannister Quotes
Check these iconic quotes on power by Cersei Lannister:
- Power is power.
- What good is power if you cannot protect the ones you love?
Cersei Lannister Quotes on Love
Here are some profound Cersei Lannister quotes on love:
- Come at once. Help me. Save me. I need you now as I have never needed you before. I love you. I love you. I love you. Come at once.
- Love is poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same.
- One day I pray you love someone. I pray you love her so much, when you close your eyes you see her face. I want that for you. I want you to know what it’s like to love someone, to truly love someone, before I take her from you.
- The more people you love, the weaker you are. You’ll do things for them that you know you shouldn’t do. You’ll act the fool to make them happy, to keep them safe. Love no one but your children. On that front, a other has no choice.
- The things we love, destroy us every time.
Cersei Lannister Quotes on Family
Here is the iconic Cersei Lannister quote on familial bonds that portray the importance of family in her life:
- Everyone who isn’t us is an enemy.
Cersei Lannister Quotes on the Game of the Throne
This is one of the most memorable quotes by Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones:
- When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.
Cersei Lannister Quotes on Religion
Here are a few Cersei Lannister quotes that sum up her definition of religion:
- Oh, shut up, you little fool. Praying for the gods to have mercy on us all? The gods have no mercy, that’s why they are gods.
- My father told me that when he caught me praying. My mother had just died, you see. I didn’t really understand the concept of death. The finality of it.
- I thought if I prayed very very hard, the gods would return her to me. I was four.
Cersei Lannister Quotes on Fear
Here is another iconic quote on fear by Cersei Lannister:
- The only way to keep your people loyal is to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy.
About the Character – Cersei Lannister
Cersei Lannister is a complex and multifaceted character, renowned for her cunning and brutal nature. She is the very embodiment of power, determination, and ambition, and her wit and manipulation are unmatched.
Despite her ruthless methods, she remains fiercely loyal to her family and will stop at nothing to protect them and secure their place in the world.
Cersei’s journey throughout the series is one of tragedy and triumph, as she rises to become one of the most feared and revered figures in the Seven Kingdoms. With a sharp tongue and an iron will, she has proven time and time again that she is a force to be reckoned with.
About the Actor – Lena Headey
Lena Headey is an English actress best known for her role as Cersei Lannister in the hit television series Game of Thrones. She has received critical acclaim for her portrayal of the complex and cunning character, earning numerous award nominations for her performance.
In addition to her work on Game of Thrones, Headey has also made a name for herself in a variety of other film and television roles. Some of her notable works include the film “300” as Queen Gorgo, the TV series “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”, and the film “Dredd”.
With her powerful screen presence and range as an actress, Lena Headey has established herself as one of the most talented and sought-after performers in the industry.
Difference Between Cersei Lannister in the Books and the Show
In George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire book series, Cersei Lannister is depicted as a much more purely evil character, lacking the sympathy and nuance that is often portrayed in the television adaptation, Game of Thrones.
While the show presents Cersei as a complex and multifaceted character, with moments of vulnerability and humanity, the books paint a much more sinister picture of the Queen Regent.
From a young age, she is shown to be sadistic and ruthless, and her desire for power and control characterizes her actions throughout the series.
In contrast, the show often presents Cersei as a victim of circumstance, highlighting her tragic backstory and the events that have shaped her into the cunning and merciless leader she becomes.
Overall, while both versions of Cersei offer a compelling portrayal of the character, the book and the show differ significantly in their depiction of her motivations and actions.
What is Cersei Lannister’s backstory?
Cersei Lannister was born into the wealthy and powerful House Lannister, and was raised in the court of King’s Landing. She was married to King Robert Baratheon, but their marriage was an unhappy one, and she engaged in several extramarital affairs, including a long-standing relationship with her twin brother Jaime.
What are Cersei Lannister’s motivations?
Cersei’s primary motivations are power and control, and she will stop at nothing to protect her family and retain her position of authority. Throughout the series, she is shown to be cunning and ruthless, willing to do whatever it takes to maintain her hold on the Seven Kingdoms.
Who is Cersei’s family in the show?
Cersei is a proud member of House Lannister, a family of immense wealth and influence throughout the Seven Kingdoms. Born as a twin to Jaime, she is also the proud mother of Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen. With her father, Tywin Lannister, as the head of House Lannister and her husband, King Robert Baratheon, Cersei’s family ties run deep and wide throughout the land.
What is Cersei’s relationship with Jaime like?
Cersei and Jaime have a close and complex relationship, as they are twins and have been involved in a long-standing romantic affair. Despite their love for each other, their relationship is often strained by their respective political aspirations and their desire for power.
What is Cersei’s relationship with her children like?
Cersei is deeply devoted to her children and will stop at nothing to protect them. However, her relationship with them is often complicated by her political ambitions and her ruthless methods, and she is shown to be a distant and demanding mother at times.
Who are some of Cersei’s allies and enemies in the show?
Cersei has a number of allies and enemies throughout the series. Some of her key allies include her father Tywin Lannister and her cousin Lancel Lannister, while her enemies include the Starks, the Tyrells, and the Targaryens.
What is Cersei’s role in the conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters?
Cersei plays a major role in the conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters, often serving as the main architect of the Lannister’s schemes against the Starks. She is also a key player in the War of the Five Kings and the events that follow.
How does Cersei’s character evolve throughout the series?
Throughout the series, Cersei’s character evolves as she faces numerous challenges and experiences a great deal of personal tragedy. Despite her ruthless nature, she is often shown to be vulnerable and human, and her actions and motivations become increasingly complex as the series progresses.
Who was Cersei supposed to marry?
Cersei was initially supposed to marry Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, but instead married King Robert Baratheon.
How old was Cersei when she died?
Cersei was in her mid-40s when she died in the series.