70+ Dale Carnegie Quotes to Read and Transform Your Life
Dale Carnegie was a pioneer in the field of personal development, and his quotes continue to inspire and motivate people all over the world. His words of wisdom cover a wide range of topics including leadership, relationships, communication, and personal growth.
In this collection of Dale Carnegie quotes, you will find insights and advice that will help you achieve your goals and lead a more fulfilling life. So, let’s explore some of the best Dale Carnegie quotes together.
44 Most Famous Dale Carnegie Quotes to Live by
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- To be interesting, be interested.
- Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.
- You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
- Believe that you will succeed, and you will.
- Stop worrying and start living.
- Two men looked out from prison bars, One saw the mud, the other saw stars.
- Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.
- First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.
- It isn’t work that makes you tired, it’s your mental attitude.
- Instead of condemning people, let’s try to understand them. Let’s try to figure out why they do what they do. That’s a lot more profitable and intriguing than criticism; and it breeds sympathy, tolerance and kindness.
- Life truly is a boomerang. What you give, you get.
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- If you want to be enthusiastic, act enthusiastic.
- Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.
- Nobody is more persuasive than a good listener.
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Even in such technical lines as engineering, about 15% of one’s financial success is due one’s technical knowledge and about 85% is due to skill in human engineering, to personality and the ability to lead people.
- When we have accepted the worst, we have nothing more to lose. And that automatically means we have everything to gain.
- People like people who help them like themselves.
- Instead of worrying about what people say of you, why not spend time trying to accomplish something they will admire.
- It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.
- When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.
- Even God doesn’t propose to judge a man till his last days, why should you and I?
- Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
- One of the tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- No matter what happens, always be yourself.
- A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be.
- The difference between appreciation and flattery? That is simple.
- One is sincere and the other insincere. One comes from the heart out; the other from the teeth out. One is unselfish; the other selfish. One is universally admired; the other universally condemned.
- Tell the audience what you’re going to say, say it; then tell them what you’ve said.
- The expression one wears on one’s face is far more important than the clothes one wears on one’s back.
- Control your temper. Remember, you can measure the size of a person by what makes him or her angry.
- If you tell me how you get your feeling of importance. I’ll tell you what you are.
- I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way under high heaven to get the best of an argument, and that is to avoid it. Avoid it, as you would avoid rattlesnakes and earthquakes.
- If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.
- Personally I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn’t think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn’t bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: “Wouldn’t you like to have that?” Why not use the same common sense when fishing for people?
- You can’t win an argument. You can because if you lose it you lose it and if you win it you lose it.
- Flattery is telling the other person precisely what he thinks about himself.
- By fighting, you never get enough, but by yielding, you get more than you expected.
- A barber lathers a man before he shaves him.
- If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work, Much of the best work in the world has been done against seeming impossibilities.
- Take a chance. All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally, the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure thing boat never gets far from shore.
- Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago? How did they work out? Didn’t you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them? Didn’t most of them turn out all right after all?
7 Dale Carnegie Quotes in Hindi
Here are some insightful Dale Carnegie quotes in Hindi:
- दुनिया भर में अपने प्रेरणात्मक व्याख्यानों के लिए प्रसिद्ध डेल कार्नेगी ने अपने भाषणों के माध्यम से लोगों के अंदर आगे बढ़ने का जोश और जज्बा पैदा किया है। इसके साथ ही तमाम लोगों को आत्मनिर्भर बनने में मद्द की है।
- आपको बता दें कि डेल कार्नेगी को अपने संघर्ष के दिनों में ट्रैवलिंग सेल्समैन तक की नौकरी करनी पड़ी थी और फिर बाद में उन्होंने एक सफल लेखक के रुप में खुद की पहचान बनाई।
- उनका कहना था कि आलस्य, संदेह और भय को जन्म देती है, जबकि सक्रियता, आत्मविश्वास और साहस को बढ़ाती है, इसलिए अगर आप डर पर काबू पाना चाहते हैं तो घर में बैठकर इसके बारे में नहीं सोचे, बल्कि बाहर जाएं और व्यस्त रहने की कोशश करें।
- उनके कुछ ऐसे ही प्रेरणात्मक विचार तमाम मुसीबतों से आपको उभारने में मद्द करेंगे।
- डेल कार्नेगी का संपूर्ण जीवन और उनके विचार प्रेरणा देने वाले है। उन्होंने अपने विचारों से लोगों को एक सुखी और सफल जीवन जीने का मंत्र बताया था।
- उनका कहना था कि लोग क्या सोचेंगे इसकी परवाह किए बिना कुछ ऐसा करने में अपना कीमती समय व्यतीत करना चाहिए, जिसे हासिल होने पर लोग आपकी तारीफ करें।
- वहीं डेल कार्नेर्गी के कुछ ऐसे ही विचार का अगर आप गंभीरता से अनुसरण करेंगे तो अपने जीवन में सफलता हासिल कर सकते हैं।
5 Positive Dale Carnegie Quotes
Check out these positive Dale Carnegie quotes below:
- Our thoughts make us what we are.
- Knowledge isn’t power until it is applied.
- People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
- You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
- One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.
5 Motivation Dale Carnegie Quotes
Here are some famous motivational quotes by Dale Carnegie:
- Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.
- Today is our most precious possession. It is our only sure possession.
- An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage.
- Everyday is a new life to a wise man.
5 Dale Carnegie Quotes in Bengali
Check out these Dale Carnegie quotes in Bengali:
- যার মাঝে সীমাহীন উৎসাহ , বুদ্ধি ও একটানা কাজ করার গুন থাকে , তার সফল হওয়ার সম্ভাবনা সবচেয়ে বেশি।
- অনুকরণ নয় , অনুসরণ নয় , নিজেকে খুঁজুন , নিজেকে জানুন , নিজের পথে চলুন।
- জীবনে পাওয়ার হিসাব করুন , না পাওয়ার দুঃখ থাকবে না।
- যার কথার চেয়ে কাজের পরিমাণ বেশি , সাফল্য তার কাছেই এসে ধরা দেয় , কারণ যে নদী যত গভীর তার বয়ে যাওয়ার শব্দ ততো কম।
- দুশ্চিন্তা দূর করার এক নম্বর উপায় হল ব্যস্ত থাকুন।
5 Happiness Dale Carnegie Quotes
Here are some beautiful quotes on happiness by Dale Carnegie:
- When we hate our enemies, we are giving them power over us: power over our sleep, our appetites, our blood pressure, our health, and our happiness.
- Happiness doesn’t depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions.
- If you want to keep happiness, you have to share it.
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
- Everybody in the world is seeking happiness—and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts.
5 Dale Carnegie Quotes How to Win Friends
Check out these quotes from Dale Carnegie’s famous book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” :
- Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.
- Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.
- Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.
- Actions speak louder than words, and a smile says, ‘I like you. You make me happy. I am glad to see you.’
- Names are the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
2 Dale Carnegie Quotes on Fear
These Dale Carnegie quotes on fear will help you conquer yours:
- If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
- All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory.
4 Dale Carnegie Quotes on Success
Check these profound quotes on success by Dale Carnegie:
- The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.
- Flaming enthusiasm, backed by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
- Youll never achieve real success unless you like what youre doing.
Who is Dale Carnegie?
Dale Carnegie was an American writer and speaker known for his self-help book “How to Win Friends and Influence People.” He was born in Missouri and worked as an actor and salesman before becoming a public speaking and interpersonal skills coach. His course on public speaking and human relations at a YMCA in New York City became the basis for his book, which became a bestseller and has been translated into many languages. Carnegie’s ideas have had a lasting influence on personal development and have inspired many other writers and speakers.
What is Dale Carnegie Best Hnown for?
Dale Carnegie is best recognized for his self-help book “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” which was published in 1936 and became a bestseller.
When is Dale Carnegie’s Birthday?
Dale Carnegie was born on November 24, 1888.
How Old was Dale Carnegie when he Passed Away?
Dale Carnegie passed away at the age of 66.
What is the Purpose of Dale Carnegie?
The purpose of Dale Carnegie was to help individuals improve their relationships and achieve success in their personal and professional lives by acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge.
How Did Dale Carnegie Make his Money?
Dale Carnegie made his money by selling correspondence courses, working as a salesperson for Armour & Company, and teaching public speaking and interpersonal skills courses at a YMCA in New York City. The course he developed at the YMCA became the basis for his self-help book “How to Win Friends and Influence People.”
What are the Three C’s of Dale Carnegie?
The three C’s of Dale Carnegie are:
– Don’t criticize
– Don’t condemn
– Don’t complain
What Does the Dale Carnegie Course Teach?
The Dale Carnegie course teaches individuals how to make a positive impact on others, gain enthusiastic cooperation, persuade others to agree, and handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact.
What Does it Mean to be Dale Carnegie Certified?
Being Dale Carnegie certified means a person has completed a Dale Carnegie course and demonstrated proficiency in leadership, communication, and business competencies as outlined by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
How Does Dale Carnegie Define Leadership?
According to Dale Carnegie, leadership involves creating an environment where employees are motivated to bring their best to work and aligning organizational objectives with individual development goals to achieve breakthrough performance.
Why is Dale Carnegie Important?
Dale Carnegie is important because his ideas and teachings on personal development and interpersonal skills have had a lasting influence and have inspired many other writers and speakers in the field. His self-help book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” has been widely read and translated into many languages.