100+ Best Johnny Depp Quotes That Will Make You Appreciate the Actor’s Wit and Wisdom
Johnny Depp is a highly acclaimed actor known for his versatile performances in a range of film genres. In addition to his acting talent, Depp is also known for his wit and wisdom, as demonstrated through his numerous quotes on a variety of topics.
In this article, we’ve compiled over 100 of Johnny Depp’s most memorable quotes, offering a glimpse into the actor’s unique perspective and insights on life, love, and the entertainment industry. Let’s listen to the golden words of our beloved Captain Jack Sparrow!
70 Famous Quotes by Johnny Depp
Get inspired by some of the best Johnny Depp famous quotes that showcase his wit, wisdom, and unconventional approach to life:
- Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
- If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them.
- With every part you act, there must be a little of yourself in it. If there isn’t, it’s not acting. It’s lying.
- If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.
- Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.
- If you don’t like seeing pictures of violence towards animals being posted, you need to help stop the violence, not the pictures.
- Over the years all these vampire movies have come out and nobody looks like a vampire anymore.
- My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.
- I don’t know if you remember me, but I used to work here in the factory.
- I always felt like I was meant to have been born in another era, another time.
- Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.
- If they let me choose between you and the dog, I’ll choose the dog.
- I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.
- France and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing, though, is that people there know how to live! In America they’ve forgotten all about it. I’m afraid that the American culture is a disaster.
- Now, bring me that horizon.
- She’s kind of a walking poem, she’s this perfect beauty…but at the same time very deep, very smart.
- When kids hit 1 year old, it’s like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.
- You gotta be careful: don’t say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever.
- I suppose nowadays it’s all a question of surgery, isn’t it? Of course the notion is beautiful, the idea of staying a boy and a child forever, and I think you can. I have known plenty of people who, in their later years, had the energy of children and the kind of curiosity and fascination with things like little children. I think we can keep that, and I think it’s important to keep that part of staying young. But I also think it’s great fun growing old.
- I don’t think anybody’s necessarily ready for death. You can only hope that when it approaches, you feel like you’ve said what you wanted to say. Nobody wants to go out in mid-sentence.
- One of the greatest pieces of advice I’ve ever gotten in my life was from my mom. When I was a little kid there was a kid who was bugging me at school and she said “Okay, I’m gonna tell you what to do. If the kid’s bugging you and puts his hands on you; you pick up the nearest rock…
- I was always fascinated by people who are considered completely normal because I find them the weirdest of all.
- I don’t care. I’m just gonna smoke. I’m just gonna totally smoke. I’ll finish these, go to the store and get a brand new pack, and smoke the shit out of that one.
- If there’s any message, it is ultimately that it’s okay to be different; that it’s good to be different, and that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.
- I am doing things that are true to me. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.
- When I see someone who just follows their dream and succeeds, and just does basically what they want to do and doesn’t have to answer to anyone, obviously not harming anyone, that’s great.
- America is dumb. It’s like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive. My daughter is four, my boy is one. I’d like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out.
- I think everybody’s nuts.
- My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her daddy did. She answered, “He’s a pirate” – I was very proud of that answer.
- They say the world used to be bigger. The world’s still the same–there’s just less in it.
- Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible. I believe you can retain certain things from your childhood if you protect them – certain traits, certain places where you don’t let the world go.
- As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.
- With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise, it’s just not acting. It’s lying.
- There’s a drive in me that won’t allow me to do certain things that are easy.
- If you had to choose one half of your son, which one would it be?
- Everything here is edible; even I’m edible. But that, dear children, is cannibalism and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.
- The problem is that everybody treats teenagers like they’re stupid.
- Throughout my lifetime I’ve left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there’s almost barely enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.
- I was ecstatic when they re-named “French fries” as “freedom fries.” Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots.
- They stick you with those names, those labels — ‘rebel’ or whatever; whatever they like to use. Because they need a label; they need a name. They need something to put the price tag on the back of.
- People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.
- Trips to the dentist-I like to postpone that kind of thing.
- Were you one of those despicable spies who every day tried to steal my life’s work and sell it to those paraseeded cop cat, candy-making cads?
- Money doesn’t buy you happiness, but it buys you a big enough yacht to sail right up to it.
- That pipe, just so happens to lead to the room where I make the most delicious flavored chocolate covered fudge.
- The beauty, the poetry of the fear in their eyes. I didn’t mind going to jail for, what, five, six hours? It was absolutely worth it.
- Breathe. It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.
- Better to not know which moment may be your last. Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all.
- I hope someday to make you all a cup of coffee. Alright, peace.
- I don’t think of myself as being a celebrity, it’s too mortifying. I have a hard time watching myself on screen and it’s getting worse. I can’t tell whether my work is good or not.
- I needed to wander… whenever and wherever I wanted! I’d found myself at the end of my rope as far as school was concerned; there seemed no particular reason for me to stay. The teachers didn’t want to teach, and I didn’t want to learn—from them. I wanted my education to come from living life, getting out there in the world, seeing and doing and moving amongst the other vagabonds who had had the same sneaking suspicion that I did, that there would be no great need for high-end mathematics, nope… I was not going to be doing other people’s taxes and going home at 5:37 p.m. to pat my dog’s head and sit down to my one meat and two vegetable table waiting for Jeopardy to pop on the glass tit, the Pat Sajak of my own private game show, in the bellybutton of the universe, Miramar, Florida.
- I’m attracted to the extreme light and the extreme dark. I’m interested in the human condition and what makes people tick. I’m interested in the things people try to hide.
- Why is the RUM always gone?
- No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder.
- I would give everything if I could only keep my family.
- Tomorrow it’ll all be over, then I’ll have to go back to selling pens again.
- My favorite color is black.
- Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
- There’s no truth anymore.
- Escapism is survival to me.
- I made odd noises as a child. Just did weird things, like turn off light switches twice. I think my parents thought I had Tourette’s syndrome.
- I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I’ve done everything I can to avoid it.
- There’s definitely healing properties to being in proximity to the ocean and that breeze. There’s something about that Caribbean climate and humidity.
- Music is still part of my life, but I hate the idea of people coming to see me play the guitar because they’ve seen me in movies. You want people who are listening to be only interested in the music.
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ was tough to let go of because I found real safety in allowing myself to be that open, that honest. To explore purity. It was a hard one to walk away from.
- Everything is just very, very blurry. I’ve never had proper vision.
- I may have a feather duster down my pants.
- There are necessary evils. Money is an important thing in terms of representing freedom in our world. And now I have a daughter to think about. It’s really the first time I’ve thought about the future and what it could be.
- It’s been insane. From Whitey Bulger to the Mad Hatter, you can imagine the schizophrenia.
- Captain Jack Sparrow is like a cross between Keith Richards and Pepe Le Pew.
6 Johnny Depp Quotes on Love
Johnny Depp is an actor known for his roles in films such as “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Edward Scissorhands,” and has been quoted as saying many poignant and romantic things about love and relationships. Let’s look at some famous Johnny Depp love quotes below:
- I’m having too much fun today to worry about tomorrow.
- Love is one of the hardest words to say and one of the easiest to hear.
- The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.
- Love is not blind; it simply enables one to see things others fail to see.
- Am I a romantic? I’ve seen ‘Wuthering Heights’ ten times. I’m a romantic.
- There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.
5 Life Quotes by Johnny Depp
Depp has shared many inspiring and thought-provoking quotes about life and success throughout his career. Let’s have a look at some Johnny Depp quotes about life below:
- I think everybody’s weird.
- Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.
- You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.
- Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.
- People cry not because they’re weak, it’s because they’ve been strong for too long.
5 Johnny Depp Motivational Quotes
Johnny Depp’s motivational quotes inspire creativity, perseverance, and following one’s dreams. Here are some of the best:
- We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we’re all somewhat screwy. Every single one of us.
- One day the people who didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.
- It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.
- Do what you really want to do. Don’t play their game! Don’t do what they want. Find your own way.
- Things in life are not always as they seem. When you listen, for instance, to someone talking, there is another voice beneath his words..even if you hear clearly what he is saying, the real truth is much deeper.
5 Johnny Depp Inspirational Quotes
Jonny Depp is a talented actor known for his versatility and dedication to his craft, and his words of wisdom and encouragement have inspired many aspiring actors and creatives. Check out some Johnny Depp inspirational quotes here:
- Success doesn’t change you, it reveals you.
- If you choose to lock your heart away, you’ll lose it for certain.
- I think, as an actor, it is good to feel the fear of failing miserably. I think you should take that risk. Fear is a necessary ingredient in everything I do.
- I have known plenty of people who, in their later years, had the energy of children and the kind of curiosity and fascination with things like little children. I think we can keep that, and I think it’s important to keep that part of staying young. But I also think it’s great fun growing old.
- We should celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.
6 Johnny Depp Quotes About Keeping on Moving Forward
It’s necessary to fall, and even more crucial to get back on our feet. Here are some Johnny Depp quotes about just keep moving forward:
- I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you’re on it.
- I don’t look back. I just keep moving forward and doing what I do.
- I believe that every person is born with talent. The only thing is to keep moving forward and developing it.
- As long as you keep moving forward, you’ll be all right.
- It’s important to keep moving forward and not get stuck in the past.
- It’s important to embrace new opportunities and challenges and to continue learning and growing as a person. By focusing on the present and the future, we can make the most of our lives and reach our full potential.
5 Johnny Depp Quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean
Who doesn’t love the millennial classic Pirates of the Caribbean, right? Here are some of the most popular Johnny Depp quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean:
- I’m Captain Jack Sparrow. The original. The only!
- Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.
- Nobody move! I dropped my brain!
- Not all treasure’s silver and gold, mate.
- Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy. I know I’m crazy, therefore I’m not crazy, isn’t that crazy?
5 Johnny Depp Movie Quotes
These Johnny Depp movie quotes are the perfect proof that the actor has always been versatile:
- Everything in this room is eatable. Even I’m eatable. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. Enjoy. ― Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. ― Alice in Wonderland
- May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. ― Blow
- Yes, I’m rather fond of the music of the day. I am a picker, I am a grinner. I am a lover and I am a sinner. I play my music in the sun. If only Shakespeare had been as eloquent. ― Dark Shadows
- Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue. ― Sleepy Hollow
8 Johnny Depp Funny Quotes
We all know Johnny Depp to be a witty and humble man. Let’s check out some Johnny Depp funny quotes here:
- Ugliness is better than beauty. It lasts longer and in the end, gravity will get us all.
- If you catch me saying ‘I am a serious actor,’ I beg you to slap me.
- You use your money to buy privacy because during most of your life you aren’t allowed to be normal.
- I don’t pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.
- I’m an old-fashioned guy… I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something.
- The only gossip I’m interested in is things from the Weekly World News – ‘Woman’s bra bursts, 11 injured’. That kind of thing.
- Here’s the thing – if Donald Trump is elected president of the United States, in a kind of historical way, it’s exciting because we will see the actual last president of the United States. It just won’t work after that.
- I’d rather fight a buzzsaw than dance.
5 Johnny Depp Birthday Quotes
Here are a few quotes that could be used to wish Johnny Depp a happy birthday:
- Happy birthday to one of the greatest actors of all time! Your talent and passion for your craft never cease to amaze me.
- On your special day, I just wanted to say that your performances have brought so much joy and entertainment to my life. Happy birthday, Johnny Depp!
- Here’s to another year of creativity and success for you. Happy birthday, Johnny Depp!
- Wishing a very happy birthday to the one and only Johnny Depp. Your unique and iconic style has inspired so many people around the world.
- Happy birthday, Johnny Depp! You have an incredible ability to bring characters to life and captivate audiences with your performances. Here’s to another year of greatness.
Who is Johnny Depp?
Johnny Depp is an American actor, producer, and musician. He is known for his diverse roles in films such as Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Depp has been nominated for numerous awards throughout his career, including three Academy Awards, and has won numerous accolades for his performances. He is also known for his charitable work and has supported various causes throughout his career.
What is Johnny Depp’s Full Name?
Johnny Depp’s full name is John Christopher Depp II.
When is Johnny Depp’s Birthday?
Johnny Depp’s birthday is on June 9, 1963.
What is Johnny Depp’s Age?
As of December 23, 2022, Johnny Depp is 59 years old.
What is Johnny Depp’s Height?
Johnny Depp is 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm) tall.
Is Johnny Depp Left or Right-Handed?
Johnny Depp is right-handed. His being left-handed is a common misconception as he is often seen signing autographs and performing other tasks with his left hand, such as writing when fulfilling roles in movies. Some even believe he is ambidextrous. However, it is not true.
Who is Johnny Depp’s Wife?
Johnny Depp has been married twice. His first wife was makeup artist Lori Anne Allison, whom he married in 1983. The couple divorced in 1985. Depp’s second wife was actress Amber Heard, whom he married in 2015. The couple divorced in 2017. The actor is currently not married.
Does Johnny Depp Have a Daughter?
Yes, Johnny Depp has a daughter. Her name is Lily-Rose Depp.
Does Johnny Depp Have a Son?
Yes, Johnny Depp has a son. His name is John “Jack” Christopher Depp.
What is Johnny Depp’s Family Like?
Johnny Depp has a large and close-knit family. He has 3 siblings – two sisters named Christi and Debbie and a brother named Daniel. Depp’s parents are Betty Sue Palmer and John Christopher Depp Sr. He also has a daughter named Lily-Rose Depp and a son named John “Jack” Christopher Depp.
Who is Winona Ryder to Johnny Depp?
Winona Ryder is an actress who was in a high-profile relationship with Johnny Depp in the 1990s. The couple met in 1989 and began dating shortly after. They were considered a prominent Hollywood couple and were often photographed together at Red Carpets and events.
What is Johnny Depp’s Net Worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Johnny Depp has an estimated net worth of $150 million.
In How Many Movies Has Johnny Depp Acted?
Johnny Depp has acted in at least 86 movies till December 2022.
What are the Best Movies of Johnny Depp?
Johnny Depp has had a long and successful career in the film industry, starring in a wide range of movies in various genres. Some of his most popular and critically acclaimed movies include:
-Pirates of the Caribbean series
-Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
-Alice in Wonderland
-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
-A Nightmare on Elm Street
-What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
-The Lone Ranger
What was Johnny Depp’s Highest-Paying Role?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Johnny Depp’s highest-paying role was as the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. Depp received a paycheck of €50 million for the role, which was one of the highest salaries ever paid to an actor at the time.
Which Role Does Johnny Depp Play in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
In the 2005 film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Johnny Depp played the role of Willy Wonka, the eccentric owner of a chocolate factory who invites a group of children to tour his factory and compete for the chance to inherit it. Depp’s portrayal of Willy Wonka was widely praised, and he received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance.
Has Johnny Depp Won an Oscar?
While Depp has not yet won an Oscar, he has received numerous other awards and honors for his performances, including Golden Globe Awards and Screen Actors Guild Awards. Depp is widely considered one of the most talented and versatile actors of his generation and his performances have been praised by critics and audiences alike.
Is Johnny Depp still signed with Disney?
No, Johnny Deep is not signed with Disney anymore.
What is the Infamous Johnny Depp Case?
The “infamous Johnny Depp case” refers to a series of legal proceedings involving Johnny Depp and his former wife, Amber Heard. The case began in 2016 when Heard filed for divorce from Depp and obtained a restraining order against him, alleging that he had physically and emotionally abused her. Depp denied the allegations and the couple engaged in a highly publicized and contentious legal battle.
The case included a number of legal hearings and media appearances, and both Depp and Heard made public statements about the allegations and their relationship. In 2017, the couple reached a settlement, and their divorce was finalized.
What was the Verdict of the Johnny Depp Case?
In the Johnny Depp case, the jury found that Amber Heard had defamed Depp. They ruled that Depp should receive $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages. However, the judge later reduced the award for punitive damages to $350,000 due to a state cap on such damages. The case had a significant impact on Depp’s career and public image, and he faced criticism and backlash in the wake of the proceedings.
What Happened to Johnny Depp’s Finger?
One of the most shocking allegations from the legal proceedings between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard was that Depp’s finger was severed during an altercation between the two. Heard denied cutting off the finger, and the incident was heavily disputed during the trial. However, new evidence has emerged that suggests Heard may have been responsible for the injury.
Who is Johnny Depp’s Lawyer?
Camille Vasquez is Johnny Depp’s lawyer.
What is Johnny Depp’s Hairstyle Called?
Johnny Depp’s hairstyle is called Cry Baby hairstyle!
What is Johnny Depp’s Favorite Meal?
Johnny Depp is known for his love of food, particularly pork, KFC, Mexican cuisine, “cheap” chocolate, and sticky toffee pudding. In interviews, Depp has expressed his preference for fried food and has joked about his appetite.
What is Johnny Depp’s Instagram Handle?
Johnny Depp’s official Instagram account is @johnnydepp, and he frequently shares updates, photos, and other content on the platform.
What is Johnny Depp’s Twitter Handle?
Despite the popularity of social media, Johnny Depp does not have a Twitter account. There are several fake accounts that go by his name.
Does Johnny Depp Have Any Tattoo?
Johnny Depp has several tattoos on his body, including on his left hand, left arm, right hand, right arm, chest, and other places. His first tattoo, a Cherokee headdress, was inked when he was just 17 years old as a tribute to his Native American heritage. Depp’s great-grandmother was a Cherokee and the tattoo was a way for him to honor her and his ancestry.
Other than that, he has a tribal tattoo on his right bicep and a tattoo of the word “Lily-Rose” on his right hand, which is the name of his daughter. Depp also has a tattoo of a skull on his left bicep and a tattoo of a sparrow on his right forearm, among others.
Depp’s tattoos are often visible in the movies and television shows that he has appeared in, and they have become a distinctive part of his appearance.
What Does the 3 on Johnny Depp’s Hand Mean?
According to Johnny Depp, the number “3” is “magic” to him, and that is why he has it tattooed on his left hand. Depp has spoken about the significance of the number 3 in interviews and has said that it has personal and spiritual meaning for him.
How Many Words Does Johnny Depp say in Edward Scissorhands?
According to the script, Johnny Depp’s character in Edward Scissorhands, Edward, speaks a total of 169 words throughout the film.
How Many Languages Does Johnny Depp Speak?
Johnny Depp is proficient in two languages – English and French.
What is Johnny Depp’s Speech Impediment?
Johnny Depp has never publicly admitted to having a stutter or a speech impediment. Despite rumors and speculation from fans, Depp has never been diagnosed with a speech impediment. However, he has admitted in testimony that he is a shy and introverted person, which may contribute to his speaking style.
Who is Johnny Depp’s Favorite Actor?
Marlon Brando is Johnny Depp’s favorite actor.
Is Johnny Depp Related to the Queen?
Johnny Depp is related to Queen Elizabeth II, but the connection is very distant. They are 20th cousins, as they both share the same great (18 times over) grandfather.
What is Johnny Depp Famously Afraid of?
Johnny Depp is famously afraid of Clowns. He once stated, “I have this fear of clowns, so I think that if I surround myself with them, it will ward off all evil.”
Is Johnny Depp Good at Guitar?
Yes, Johnny Depp is a skilled musician and is known for his talent on the guitar. In addition to acting, Depp is also a successful musician and has released several albums.
What Does Johnny Depp Say About Loving Two People?
A famous quote by Johnny Depp about loving two people is, “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.”
Does Johnny Depp Own a Private Island?
Yes, Johnny Depp owns a private island called Little Halls Pond Cay in the Bahamas. The 45-acre island is located in the Exuma chain of islands in the Caribbean and is a popular vacation spot for celebrities.
Depp purchased the island in 2004 for a reported $3.6 million and has since made several renovations to the property, including the construction of the main house, guest houses, and a boat dock.
The island is reportedly used as a retreat for Depp and his family and friends and is also available for rental to the public. He once stated, “I have a place that I get to go to in the Bahamas. It’s the only place that guarantees total anonymity and freedom.”