Iconic Pennywise Quotes from Every IT Movie
Pennywise, also known as “It,” is the main antagonist of Stephen King’s 1986 novel and the 2017 film adaptation. With his painted-on smile and sadistic laughter, Pennywise sends chills down the spine of anyone who crosses his path.
He is a creature of pure evil, preying on children’s fears and using them to feed his insatiable hunger. Despite being a clown, Pennywise is anything but funny.
He is a monster hiding in plain sight, luring his victims with the promise of candy and balloons, only to reveal his true, horrific nature. Let’s go over some of the iconic Pennywise quotes showcased below:
Pennywise Quotes From It: Chapter 1
Pennywise quotes from It: Chapter 1 are both haunting and memorable. This evil entity, portrayed by actor Bill Skarsgard, terrorizes the children of Derry, Maine, with his twisted sense of humor and grotesque appearance.
Pennywise’s quotes from the film showcase not only his evil nature but also the depths of fear and horror that he is capable of inducing. Pennywise’s words will leave a lasting impression on all who hear them, from the opening scene to the final showdown.
- What a nice boat. Do you want it back?
- Do you want a balloon, too, Georgie?
- I’m Pennywise the dancing clown! Pennywise, meet Georgie. Georgie, meet Pennywise. Now we aren’t strangers, are we?
- A storm blew me away…blew the whole circus away.
- Time to float!
- We all float down here. Yes, we do!
- Tasty, tasty, beautiful fear.
- This isn’t real enough for you, Billy? I’m not real enough for you? It was real enough for Georgie!
- You’ll float too!
- You’ll lose your little mind in my Dead Lights. Like all the others.
- I’ll take him. I’ll take all of you! I’ll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear!
- Just leave us be. I’ll take him, only him, and I will have my long rest and you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives until old age takes you back to the weeds.
- Beep beep, Richie!
- Silly boy, you still think you can see me? You will never see me. You’ll see only what your little mind can allow.
Pennywise Quotes From It: Chapter 2
In IT: Chapter 2, the evil clown returns 27 years later to terrorize the members of the Losers Club once again. With his cruel taunts, Pennywise continues to play with his victims’ fears, leading them on a terrifying journey through their own personal nightmares.
Despite the efforts of the grown-up Losers Club, Pennywise proves to be just as powerful and menacing as he was in their childhood. These Pennywise quotes from IT: Chapter 2 are a chilling reminder of the horrors that lurk in the shadows of Derry, Maine.
- Did you miss me, Richie? Because I missed you.
- No one wants to play with the clown anymore. Play a game with me, would you?
- How about Street Fighter? Oh yes, you like that one, don’t you? Or maybe Truth Or Dare. Oh, you wouldn’t want anyone to pick ‘truth’ through, would you, Richie?
- You wouldn’t want anyone to know what you’re hiding.
- I know your secret. Your dirty little secret. I know your secret. Your dirty little secret.
- Come back and play!
- Oh, nobody wants to kiss the fat boy!
- You filthy little children.
- Die, that’s what you do.
- I am the eater of worlds!
- Look at you. You’re all grown up.
- Kill them all!
Pennywise Quotes From It: 1990
Pennywise the Clown, one of the most iconic horror villains of all time, has terrorized audiences since his first appearance in Stephen King’s novel “IT” in 1986. In 1990, the movie adaptation was released, featuring Tim Curry as the malevolent clown.
His chilling quotes have become synonymous with the character and are still quoted by fans today. From his unsettling grin to his sadistic laughter, Pennywise has cemented his place as one of the most frightening figures in horror movie history.
- Kiss me, fat boy!
- Don’t you want a balloon?
- You’ll die if you try to fight us. You’ll die if you try. You’ll die if you try to fight us, Beverly
- Take your pick B-B-B-B-Billy-boy!
- You helped me once, remember? You chased those brats, we almost got them, didn’t we?
Most Memorable Pennywise Quotes of All Time
Here are some of the best Pennywise quotes that’ll make you sweat even in the coldest of nights:
- I’m taking him, only him.
- Don’t you want it?
- Hahahahahaha, say hello to your friends Beverly!
- I’ll kill you all! Aha, I’ll drive you crazy, and I’ll kill you all! I’m every nightmare you’ve ever had.
- You look like a nice boy, I bet you have a lot of friends.
- I am your worst dream come true!
- I am everything you ever were afraid of!
- Popcorn! Is that your favorite?
- Here, take it. Take it, Georgie.
- For 27 years, I dreamt of you. I craved you.
About the Movie – IT (Chapter 1 & Chapter 2)
IT is a two-part horror movie series based on Stephen King’s novel of the same name. The first chapter was released in 2017, followed by the second chapter in 2019.
The movie follows a group of young friends, known as the Losers Club, who must face their deepest fears and confront a sinister entity that preys upon the children of Derry, Maine.
This entity takes the form of a clown named Pennywise, who has terrorized the town for centuries. The Losers Club must band together and face their fears to defeat Pennywise and put an end to his reign of terror.
The two-part series features an all-star cast, including Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise, and a powerful soundtrack that adds to the suspense and horror.
Both movies have received critical acclaim and are considered modern horror classics. With its terrifying imagery, intense suspense, and powerful themes of friendship and overcoming fear, IT is a must-watch for fans of the horror genre.
About the Director – Andrés Muschietti
Andrés Muschietti is a visionary Argentine filmmaker who has left a lasting impact on the film industry. He rose to prominence with his 2013 film Mama, which he created with his sister Barbara and screenwriter Neil Cross
Their three-minute film of the same name caught the eye of Guillermo del Toro, who then served as executive producer on the feature adaptation. With his remarkable talent and innovative style, Muschietti has become a household name in the world of horror movies.
He gained worldwide recognition for his direction in both films of the highly-acclaimed It series, which broke records as the highest-grossing horror film of all time. Both films were produced by New Line Cinema and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Muschietti’s passion for filmmaking has earned him several exciting opportunities in the future. He is set to direct two upcoming films for Warner Bros.: The Flash, starring Ezra Miller and set in the DC Extended Universe, and a live-action adaptation of Attack on Titan.
Additionally, he has been chosen to direct a remake of The Howling for Netflix. With his unique vision and creative approach, Andrés Muschietti is poised to make a significant impact in the film industry for years to come.
About the Novel – IT
This masterful horror tale by Stephen King delves into the haunting impact of childhood terrors and traumas. Set in the imaginary town of Derry, Maine, the story revolves around a group of seven young misfits who band together to defeat an evil entity known as “It”.
This malevolent being takes on various frightening forms, primarily that of the clown Pennywise, and causes destruction every 27 years. As the story unfolds, we witness these children’s journey, now adults, as they reunite to defeat the monster once again.
Through alternating vignettes, we see the life paths they have taken and the ways in which their traumatic experiences have shaped their lives. The novel marks King’s move into fantasy fiction while still delivering heart-stopping horror at its core.
IT has been adapted to the screen multiple times, first as 1990 miniseries and then as two films released in 2017 and 2019. The timeless story and its themes of childhood fears and the consequences of trauma continue to captivate audiences and solidify Stephen King’s status as a leading voice in the horror genre.
About the Author – Stephen King
Stephen King, the mastermind behind this captivating novel, is widely recognized as one of the greatest horror writers of all time. Born in Portland, Maine in 1947, King has been crafting stories that send shivers down readers’ spines for over four decades.
From his first novel, Carrie, to his latest work, The Institute, King has captivated audiences with his tales of horror, suspense, and supernatural terror.
With his exceptional writing style and unmatched storytelling skills, Stephen King has become an icon in the world of horror. He has written over fifty novels, many of which have been adapted into successful films and TV series.
His legacy continues to live on through his works, and he remains a major influence on the horror genre. Whether you are a fan of his earlier works or his latest releases, Stephen King is a writer who must be read to be fully appreciated.