100+ Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes: Most Memorable Dialogues from the Hit Movie Franchise
Pirates of the Caribbean quotes are famous for the witty, humorous, and iconic dialogue spoken by the characters in the popular Disney Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
The series, which began in 2003 with the film “The Curse of the Black Pearl,” follows the swashbuckling adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Elizabeth Swann as they battle against the nefarious Captain Barbossa and his crew.
The series is known for its action-packed sequences, special effects, and memorable one-liners, making it a beloved franchise among audiences of all ages. Some of the most memorable quotes from the hit movie series are showcased below.
Famous Quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean
Check out these famous quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean:
- Stop blowing holes in my ship.
- This is madness.
- Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out.
- Well done, mates. I knew you had it in you. Now, come back in eight minutes and we’ll do it all over again, eh?
- By the way, no. I’ve never actually met Pizarro, but I love his pies.
- William, before we go any further, tell me one thing; how far are you willing to go for this girl?
- No. You want you to find this, because the finding of this finds you incapacitorially finding and or locating in your discovering the detecting of a way to save your dolly belle, ol’ what’s-her-face.
- She’s safe, just like I promised… Except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.
- You will never get the gold! We will never surrender!
- Still thinking of running, Jack? Think you can outrun The World?
- Strike your colors you bloomin’ cockroaches! Surrender Captain Jack Sparrow or by thunder we’ll burn this city to the ground!
- Aye, ’tis. And when we find the scurvy blackguard responsible, he can apologize to me little Polly personally, in Davy Jones’s locker.
- Why don’t you both go ashore and leave the ship in my command? …Temporarily.
- Elizabeth is not part of any bargain!
- If he’s not with you, and he’s not with us, who’s he with?
- This is either madness… or brilliance.
- There’s a fresh water spring on this island. We can resupply there and get back to shooting each other later.
- And after which betrayal did you cut out your heart?
- Each step I make for my father, is a step away from Elizabeth.
- But here you are. Your ships crowd in the harbor, rotting on their lines, while you cower in your bathwater!
- Everything you said to me, every word was a lie!
- I just thought I’d be married by now.
- The other ships will still be looking to us, to the Black Pearl, to lead, and what will they see? Frightened bilgerats aboard a derelict ship?
- This is barbaric! This is no way for grown men to settle—oh, fine! Let’s just haul out our swords and start banging away at each other, that will solve everything!
- They will see free men and freedom! And what the enemy will see, they will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do!
- By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors.
- You are Sao Feng, the Pirate Lord of Singapore. You command in an age of piracy where bold captains sail free waters. Where waves aren’t measured in feet but as increments of fear, and those who pass the test become legend.
- There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.
- No, it can’t be. I’ve spent years searching for this? The great Jack Sparrow is not some drunk in a cell. Do you even have a ship? A crew? Pants?
- No, I do not savvy.
- The men on that ship are looking for Jack, and Jack is on this boat. So I’m going to swim for it.
- Just because you can’t see something, it doesn’t mean it’s not there.
- You’re mad. Jack Sparrow: Thank goodness for that, ’cause if I wasn’t this would probably never work.
- Our destinies have been entwined, Elizabeth, but never joined.
- I’m Captain Jack Sparrow. The original. The only!
- You need to find yourself a girl, mate.
- Complications arose, ensued, were overcome.
- Nobody move! I dropped me brain!
- She’s safe, just like I promised. She’s all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we’re all men of our word really… except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.
- One word, love: curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it’s like. One day you won’t be able to resist.
- No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder.
- Not all treasure’s silver and gold, mate.
- Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy. I know I’m crazy, therefore I’m not crazy, isn’t that crazy?
- If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.
- I know those guns.
- You lied to me by telling me the truth?
- I’ve got a jar of dirt!
- The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can’t bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?
- Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names.
- Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.
- The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
- You are, without doubt, the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of.
- Well! I think this has been a very good experience for all of us, eh? Spiritually? Ecumenically? Grammatically?
- A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around!
- Why fight when you can negotiate?
- I’m afraid you have the misfortune of facing Captain Jack Sparrow!
- Why is the rum always gone?
- There’ll be no living with her after this.
- Gentlemen! You shall always remember this as the day that you almost caught, Captain Jack Sparrow!
- What a horrible way to live.
- I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.
- Mistook it for a brothel. Honest mistake.
- Because you and I are alike, and there will come a moment when you have a chance to show it. To do the right thing.
- What’s in your head, boy?
- Elizabeth, I should have told you every day from the moment I met you. I love you.
- Commodore, I really must protest!
- You better start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner, you’re in one!
- If you want pain, try wearing a corset.
- The code is more what you’d call ‘guidelines’ than actual rules.
- You’re off the edge of the map, mate. Here, there be monsters.
- Strike your colors, you bloomin’ cockroaches! Surrender Captain Jack Sparrow or, by thunder, we’ll burn this city to the ground!
- Where be Captain Jack Sparrow? Speak up! Or do you fancy a swim with Davy Jones?
Jack Sparrow Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
Jack Sparrow, portrayed by Johnny Depp, is the iconic and charismatic captain of the Black Pearl in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Here are some of the famous Jack Sparrow Quotes from the movie:
- Put it away, son. It’s not worth you getting beat again.
- This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.
- When you marooned me on that godforsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate. I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.
- The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
- Think you can outrun the world? You know, the problem with being the last of anything, by and by there will be none left at all.
- Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly…stupid.
- A great pirate does not bother with such intricacies.
Pirates of the Caribbean Captain Barbossa Quotes
Captain Barbossa Quotes are some of the most memorable lines in the Pirates of the Caribbean series, spoken by the villainous pirate captain Hector Barbossa.
He is the primary antagonist of the first movie, The Curse of the Black Pearl, and a recurring character in the series. Here are some of his best quotes from the movie:
- You know, the problem with being the last of anything, by and by there will be none left at all.
- What our dear captain means is near Bombay. Sri Sumbhajee has been tormenting the ships going in and out of this port for years.
- Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
- You lovebirds run along and have a good time. You’re only young once, remember that.
- Fortune has clearly brought us here.
- Let us stand and fight, gents.
- Why don’t I stay here with the ship? I can keep an eye on things. While you’re gone. Trust me, I’ll take good care of the Pearl.
Davy Jones Quotes Pirates of the Caribbean
Davy Jones is the captain of the Flying Dutchman, a ghost ship that sails the seas collecting the souls of those who died at sea.
Jones is portrayed as a fearsome and powerful pirate known for his distinct appearance, featuring a tentacled face and a dangerous, razor-sharp claw. Here are some iconic Davy Jones quotes from the movie:
- You are neither dead nor dying. What is your purpose here?
- Life is cruel. Why should the afterlife be any different?
- Do you fear… death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare, all your sins punished?
Blackbeard Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
Blackbeard Quotes are widely known for their intimidating and fierce nature, reflecting the infamous pirate’s reputation as one of the most feared pirates to sail the seas. Here are some of the best Blackbeard quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean:
- If I don’t kill a man every now and then, they forget who I am.
- Quartermaster, get me six more pistols, remove the shot from all but two, but do not tell me which two.
- If I do not make it to the fountain in time, neither will you.
- In faith, there is light enough to see but darkness enough to blind.
Will Turner Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
Will Turner is a fictional character from the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. He is known for his bravery, loyalty, and strong sense of honor. Will Turner quotes are often used to express determination, courage, and the power of friendship.
- I need the Pearl to free my father. That’s the only reason I came on this voyage.
- Keep a weather eye on the horizon.
- Fight or not, you’re not running Jack.
- If he’s not with you, and he’s not with us, who’s he with?
- I told myself, think like Jack.
- You didn’t beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement! In a fair fight, I’d kill you!
Elizabeth Swann Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
Elizabeth Swann, the strong-willed and independent character from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, is known for her memorable quotes and powerful speeches. Check out our collection of Elizabeth Swann quotes to get a glimpse into her fierce and determined personality.
- Ridiculous imitation, and yet I’m flattered.
- Better mad with the rest of the world than sane alone.
- Would you have that era come to an end on your watch?
- Dare I ask the fate of its previous owner?
- It’s my father. We’ve made it back. Father! Father, here, look, here!
Tia Dalma Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
Tia Dalma, also known as Calypso, is a powerful voodoo priestess known for her wise words and mystical powers. Dive into the world of Tia Dalma with these inspiring and thought-provoking Tia Dalma quotes.
- Jack Sparrow. What do you have for me?
- The Sword belongs to no one. But I will house it here, and it will not be misused again.
- De pirate Tartaglia had it first. Him was a little man, more thief than sailor but him sensed its power. Him used de watch as a false Piece of Eight to fool other pirates into believing him was a Pirate Lord.
Pirates of the Caribbean Motivational Quotes
Here are some motivational quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean:
- Sometimes things come back, mate. We’re living proof, you and me.
- Close your eyes and pretend it’s all a bad dream. That’s how I get by.
- It is not the destination so much as the journey, they say.
- Dying is the day worth living for.
Funny Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
Check out these funny quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean:
- If you make your choices alone… how can I trust you?
- You’d best start believing in ghost stories, Missie. You’re in one!
- How dare you do exactly what I would do if I were you.
- We’re pirates. Not bleeding-heart-do-gooder-Robin-Hood-hero types. We don’t do rescues.
- Does this face look like it’s been to the Fountain of Youth?
- Slap me thrice and hand me to me mama. It’s Jack!
About the Movie Franchise: Pirates of the Caribbean
The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is a series of fantasy swashbuckler films produced by Walt Disney Pictures.
The films follow the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow, a witty and cunning pirate, as he navigates through dangerous seas and encounters various other pirates, sailors, and supernatural beings.
The first film in the franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, was released in 2003 and starred Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $654 million worldwide and earning five Academy Award nominations.
The success of the first film led to the creation of four sequels: Dead Man’s Chest (2006), At World’s End (2007), On Stranger Tides (2011), and Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017).
Throughout the franchise, the audience is introduced to a wide range of characters, including Captain Barbossa, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, and Hector Barbossa. The films also feature a variety of fantasy elements, including cursed pirates, ghost ships, and voodoo magic. The franchise also explores themes of loyalty, friendship, and the battle between good and evil.
The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has become one of the most successful and recognizable film series in recent history. Additionally, the franchise has spawned numerous spin-offs, including video games, books, and theme park attractions.
The franchise has also become a cultural phenomenon, with Captain Jack Sparrow becoming one of the most iconic and recognizable movie characters of all time.
About the Book Series: Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow
The Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow book series, penned under the shared pseudonym of Rob Kidd, is a collection of tales for young readers by authors such as Liz Braswell, Carla Jablonski, Tui T. Sutherland, and more.
Published by Disney Press, the series is an extension of the popular Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise, delving into the teenage years of the infamous pirate captain Jack Sparrow.
The series begins with The Coming Storm, where Jack Sparrow is in a race against time to find the legendary Sword of Cortés before it falls into the hands of the ruthless pirate hunter Captain Hector Barbossa.
The series is followed by Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom and Pirates of the Caribbean: Legends of the Brethren Court, set thirteen years before the film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, providing a comprehensive and thrilling journey through the pirate world.
About the Directors: Gore Verbinski, Rob Marshall, Joachim Rønning, and Espen Sandberg
Gore Verbinski, Rob Marshall, Joachim Rønning, and Espen Sandberg are all well-known directors in the film industry, each with their own unique style and approach to storytelling.
Gore Verbinski is best known for directing the first three Pirates of the Caribbean films, The Curse of the Black Pearl, Dead Man’s Chest, and At World’s End. He is also known for his work on the animated film Rango and the psychological thriller A Cure for Wellness.
Rob Marshall is known for directing the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film, On Stranger Tides. He is also known for his work on the Oscar-winning film Chicago and the critically acclaimed film Into the Woods.
Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg are the directors of the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film, Dead Men Tell No Tales. The duo is also known for their work on the critically acclaimed film Kon-Tiki.
Each of these directors has brought their own unique vision and style to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, making it one of the most successful and beloved film series of all time. They have all contributed to the creation of a world filled with action, adventure, and memorable characters.
About the Author: Rob Kidd
Rob Kidd is the pseudonym used by a team of accomplished writers, including T.T. Sutherland, Rich Thomas, Elizabeth J. Braswell, Carla Jablonski, and others, who came together to create the popular Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow and Pirates of the Caribbean: Legends of the Brethren Court book series.
These prequel novels, aimed at young readers, were published by Disney Press and served as a literary companion to the Pirates of the Caribbean films.
The Internet Speculative Fiction Database has cataloged twelve books as Jack Sparrow titles, with five credited to Liz Braswell, two to Carla Jablonski, four to Tui T. Sutherland, and the others attributed to “unknown” authors. The Brethren Court series is also credited to Sutherland.