90 Ratan Tata Quotes: Words of Wisdom from the Legendary Indian Businessman
Ratan Tata quotes are a collection of inspiring and thought-provoking words from the esteemed business leader, Ratan Tata. Born into a prominent business family in India, Tata has become a well-respected and influential figure in the corporate world.
His words of wisdom have been widely shared and quoted, providing valuable insights into leadership, entrepreneurship, and success. Some of the best are showcased here:
43 Ratan Tata Quotes on Leadership, Innovation, and Success
- Businesses need to go beyond the interest of their companies to the communities they serve.
- Deal with crisis in such a way that you can hold your head high and sleep well at night.
- Power and wealth are not two of my main stakes.
- The day I am not able to fly will be a sad day for me.
- If there are challenges thrown across, then some interesting, innovative solutions are found. Without challenges, the tendency is to go on the same way.
- Fiat has assembly plants in Brazil and Argentina.
- New startups embody the creativity, the innovation of young people, and for me, it was and is a very worthwhile experience to interact with them.
- Flying, I continue to be involved with. I love flying, and I hope to keep doing it so long as I can pass my medicals and stay proficient.
- I came seriously close to getting married four times, and each time I backed off in fear or for one reason or another. Each occasion was different, but in hindsight when I look at the people involved, it wasn’t a bad thing what I did. I think it may have been more complex had the marriage taken place.
- What I would like to do is to leave behind a sustainable entity of a set of companies that operate in an exemplary manner in terms of ethics, and values and continue what our ancestors left behind.
- When you see in places like Africa and parts of Asia abject poverty, hungry children, and malnutrition around you, and you look at yourself as being people who have well-being and comforts, I think it takes a very insensitive, tough person not to feel they need to do something.
- People of great power wield great power, but people of lesser power or people who have fallen out of power go to jail without adequate evidence, or their bodies are found in the trunks of cars.
- Banana republics are run on cronyism.
- If I were to look in the United States or in Europe, in some of the garages, you would have a Bentley or two Bentleys or a high-end Mercedes, and you may find a Smart also in that same garage because that person thinks it’s a fun extra car to have. He may have four cars but also have a Smart because he thinks it is cute.
- A founder who is in for the short run, or has no passion for the sector he is in, doesn’t give me a great deal of comfort.
- I would say that I’m blessed with a very, very good executive team that operates, reasonably autonomously, each of the companies.
- I have always been bullish about India’s potential. I still am, and I feel India is a country that really has an enormous amount of potential and has the human capital to succeed.
- What are the crumple zones on scooters? The helmet is the only crumple zone I can think of.
- When you have to earmark human and monetary resources for such a long time, it starts to hinder your other activities.
- The economic situation, the high cost of undertaking manufacturing, the supply chain – which is, by the way, dying out also as manufacturing undergoes hardship – make the U.K. not the first place you would look at to make a manufacturing investment.
- Indian car buyers have not really been exposed to customer care in a competitive environment.
- The government should do its job. The government’s job is, in fact, to run the country, to manage the country, to govern the country. And governance is an important thing, not application where it suits one so, to micro control where it suits them on the other hand.
- I buy a lot of electronics, some of which I never take out of the box!
- I would say that one of the things I wish I could do differently would be to be more outgoing.
- I am interested in what I earn; I am interested in my growth.
- As you grow older, you become – everybody becomes – less inflexible and a little more accommodating.
- The most expensive part of any manufacturing unit is the paint shop.
- If it stands the test of public scrutiny, do it. If it doesn’t stand the test of public scrutiny then don’t do it.
- Some entrepreneurs talk of a high burn rate, high advertising rate, and so on, with no outcome, so it doesn’t impress me. But an entrepreneur who has that kind of a feeling of responsibility towards his investors is somebody who will have all my support.
- I’ve often felt that the Indian tiger has not been unleashed.
- I am in favor of disinvestment. But if a disinvested company has to tie up with a government company for its livelihood, there is a problem.
- Perhaps the loneliest time was during the Tata Tea issue in Assam. For some reason, everyone believed that we had conspired with the extremists, ULFA. People still believe what they read is necessarily the truth. Sometimes it is based on inadequate or wrong information.
- I always felt that Nano should have been marketed towards the owner of a two-wheeler because it was conceived giving the people who rode on two wheels with the whole family an all-weather safe form of affordable transportation, not the cheapest.
- I’m the non-executive chairman of nine or so major companies, and on the nine companies, it’s a little trying because you jump from one industry to another, as the case might be. But one had the reasonable knowledge of those nine activities, and it’s been an exciting job.
- I quite frankly enjoy the touch and feel of a store, so I am a big bookshop person. Or, I go to an electronics store; Best Buy and Croma are places I could spend a lot of time in.
- There’s a lot of interest in Nano outside India.
- Since I got involved in Telco, we first developed the first modular truck, the 407, then the 709, and now the 2213. These trucks broke away from the old face of Telco trucks. I was also just as much involved with the Safari, but nobody talks about the Safari. My involvement has been there with all Telco’s projects -somehow the car has got hyped up.
- India needs to come out of its socialist pattern of doing things on a rationing basis.
- I probably have everything that Apple has made and everything Bose has made; I am very loyal to certain brands.
- I have two or three cars that I like, but today, Ferrari would be the best car I have driven in terms of being an impressive car.
- My most visible goal is to do something in nutrition to children in India, and pregnant mothers. Because that would change the mental and physical health of our population in years to come.
- There has not been a conscious view of re-energizing manufacturing. So, in some form, someone has to wave the Union Jack in the area of manufacturing.
- Jardine is the largest dealer of Mercedes in the world. They also sell cars for two or three Japanese makers.
5 Ratan Tata Quotes in Hindi
Here are some profound Ratan Tata quotes in Hindi:
- अपना जीवन उतार-चढ़ाव से भरा रहता हैं, इसकी आदत बना लो।
- लोग तुम्हारे स्वाभिमान की तब तक परवाह नहीं करेंगे जब तक कि तुम खुद को साबित करके नहीं दिखा देते।
- आपको अभी अपने शिक्षक सख्त और डरावने लगते होंगे क्योंकि आपका अभी तक बॉस नाम के प्राणी से पाला नहीं पड़ा हैं।
- कॉलेज की पढ़ाई के बाद 5 आंकड़े वाली सैलरी की मत सोचना, एक रात में कोई प्रेसिडेंट नहीं बनता। इसके लिए अथक मेहनत करनी पड़ती है।
- तुम्हारे माँ बाप तुम्हारे जन्म से पहले इतने नीरस और उबाऊ नही थे। जितना तुम्हें अभी लग रहा है। तुम्हारे पालन पोषण में उन्होंने इतने कष्ट उठाये कि उनका स्वभाव बदल गया।
5 Ratan Tata Motivational Quotes
Here are some of the best Ratan Tata motivational quotes to help you keep going:
- I don’t believe in taking right decisions, I take decisions and then make them right.
- Polish your talents like you would polish your diamonds.
- Stop taking baby steps and start thinking globally.
- Take the stones people to throw at you, and use them to build a monument.
- All of us do not have equal talents. Yet, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
2 Ethics Ratan Tata Quotes
Check these 2 Ratan Tata quotes on Ethics to remind you the importance of ethics in life:
- One hundred years from now, I expect the Tatas to be much bigger than it is now. More importantly, I hope the Group comes to be regarded as being the best in India.. best in the manner in which we operate, best in the products we deliver, and best in our value systems and ethics. Having said that, I hope that a hundred years from now we will spread our wings far beyond India.
- Apart from values and ethics which I have tried to live by, the legacy I would like to leave behind is a very simple one – that I have always stood up for what I consider to be the right thing, and I have tried to be as fair and equitable as I could be.
5 Ratan Tata Inspirational Quotes
Check these Ratan Tata inspirational quotes that’ll help change your perspective of life:
- The strong live and the weak die. There is some bloodshed, and out of it emerges a much leaner industry, which tends to survive.
- I admire people who are very successful. But if that success has been achieved through too much ruthlessness, then I may admire that person, but I can’t respect him.
- Don’t just have a career or academic goals. Set goals to give you a balanced, successful life. Balanced means ensuring your health, relationship, and mental peace are all in good order. There is no point in getting a promotion on the day of your breakup.
- There are many things that, if I have to relive, maybe I will do it another way. But I would not like to look back and think what I have not been able to do.
- I have been constantly telling people to encourage people, to question the unquestioned and not to be ashamed to bring up new ideas, new processes to get things done.
3 Ratan Tata Quotes on Life
Here are 3 meaningful Ratan Tata quotes on life:
- Don’t be serious, enjoy life as it comes.
- Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.
- If a founder has passion and innovation, he needs to be supported. I am more intuitive than a numbers person, and I recognize that not all investments are going to be positive. Some may fail, and some may have problems for other reasons. That is life.
5 Ratan Tata Birthday Quotes
Here are some Ratan Tata birthday quotes to wish him on his special day:
- Happy birthday to a true business icon and a pioneer in the world of philanthropy. May your special day be as successful and fulfilling as you are, Ratan Tata!
- Wishing a very happy birthday to the one and only Ratan Tata! Your leadership, vision, and dedication to corporate social responsibility are an inspiration to us all. Here’s to another year of success and making a positive impact on the world.
- Happy birthday to a man who has touched so many lives through his business ventures and charitable efforts. You are a true role model, Ratan Tata. Here’s to many more years of success and making a difference in the world!
- On your special day, we celebrate the many accomplishments and contributions of Ratan Tata. You have built an incredible legacy in the business world and have made a positive impact on so many lives through your philanthropy. Happy birthday, sir!
- Happy birthday to the legendary Ratan Tata! Your leadership and vision have shaped the Tata Group into a global powerhouse, and your dedication to making a positive impact on society is truly admirable. May your special day be filled with all the joy and success you deserve.
4 Success Ratan Tata Quotes
Check these success Ratan Tata quotes that will inspire you to want to succeed in life:
- I will certainly not join politics. I would like to be remembered as a clean businessman who has not partaken in any twists and turns beneath the surface, and one who has been reasonably successful.
- I do not know how history will judge me, but let me say that I’ve spent a lot of time and energy trying to transform the Tatas from a patriarchal concern to an institutional enterprise. It would, therefore, be a mark of failure on my part if it were perceived that Ratan Tata epitomizes the Group’s success. What I have done is establish growth mechanisms, play down individuals and play up the team that has made the companies what they are. I, for one, am not the kind who loves dwelling on the ‘I’. If history remembers me at all, I hope it will be for this transformation.
- Don’t be Shy at 4 Things:
– Old Clothes: Because your clothes don’t define your talent.
– Poor Friends: Because there is no status in friendship.
– Old Mom Dad: Because what you are today is because of them.
– Simple Living: Because Success can’t be judged by appearance.
- A person who is trying to copy others will be a successful person for a while, but he won’t be able to succeed further in life.
4 Ratan Tata Business Quotes
Here are some popular Ratan Tata business quotes:
- The early Rockefellers made their wealth from being in certain businesses and – and remained personally very wealthy. Tatas were different in the sense the future generations were not so wealthy. They – they were involved in the business, but most of the family wealth is put into trust, and the family did not, in fact, enjoy enormous wealth.
- I followed someone who had very large shoes. He had very large shoes. Mr. J. R. D. Tata. He was a legend in the Indian business community. He had been at the helm of the Tata organization for 50 years. You were almost starting to think he was going to be there forever.
- I think there are many honest businessmen.
- Telco is totally committed to commercial vehicles, where it is bound to remain a major player. What may well happen in the future is we may split the company into two business units.
1 Ratan Tata Quote on Leadership
Here is a famous Ratan Tata quote on leadership:
- Crisis is the greatest textbook of leadership.
3 Ratan Tata Quotes on Friendship
Here are a few Ratan Tata quotes on friendship that help us understand his thoughts on the importance of friendship:
- The people you meet in this life, all won’t be good to you. Some will criticize, some will de-motivate and some will try to pull you down. All you have to do is ignore them and move on. You don’t need to explain them your journey nor let them control your dreams. This is your life, live as you want.
- You don’t know what it is to be lonely until you spend time alone wishing for companionship.
- Friends distanced themselves from me, distanced themselves from failure.
6 Ratan Tata Quotes on India
Check these Ratan Tata quotes on India that portray his thoughts on the country and Indians:
- If we dispense with some of our self-made boundaries, India can really take its place in the world as an economic power. It hasn’t happened because we, sadly, don’t look at ourselves as Indians but as Punjabis or Parsis, unlike the Americans. Don’t make such boundaries.
- I am proud of my country. But we need to unite to make a unified India, free of communalism and casteism. We need to build India into a land of equal opportunity for all. We can be a truly great nation if we set our sights high and deliver to the people the fruits of continued growth, prosperity, and equal opportunity.
- After I retired, it seemed to me that there was a whole new world out there, which was a digital world driven by a marketplace, basically, which had a huge potential driven by handheld devices, which would one day become the virtual retail store of India.
- Young entrepreneurs will make a difference in the Indian ecosystem.
- I have always been very confident and very upbeat about the future potential of India. I think it is a great country with great potential.
- My greatest desire is to see India as a unified and equal-opportunity nation.
4 Ratan Tata Good Morning Quotes
Here are some ratan Tata good morning quotes to start your day on a positive note:
- None can destroy iron, but its own rust can. Likewise, none can destroy a person but his own mindset can. Good morning!
- Good morning! If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.
- Challenges need to be given to an organization. Good morning!
- I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised. Good morning.
Who is Ratan Tata?
As the chairman emeritus of Tata Sons, one of India’s largest conglomerates, Ratan Tata is a renowned business magnate and philanthropist. His contributions to the advancement and success of Tata Sons, as well as his dedication to charitable causes, have earned him a reputation as a leader in the business world.
When was Ratan Tata Born?
Ratan Tata was born on December 28, 1937.
Where was Ratan Tata Born?
Ratan Tata’s birthplace is Bombay (now Mumbai), India.
Is Ratan Tata on Twitter?
Yes, Ratan Tata is on Twitter. His Twitter handle is Ratan N. Tata (@RNTata2000) / Twitter.
Is Ratan Tata on Instagram?
Yes, Yes, Ratan Tata is on Instagram. His Instagram handle is Ratan Tata (@ratantata).
What are some of Ratan Tata’s Notable Achievements?
Ratan Tata was honored with the Padma Bhushan in 2000 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2008, two of the highest civilian awards given by the Indian government. In 2021, he received Assam’s highest civilian award, the ‘Assam Baibhav,’ for his outstanding work in advancing cancer care in the state.
How has Ratan Tata Impacted the Business World?
Ratan Tata has impacted the business world through his leadership and vision for Tata Sons. He has also been a strong advocate for corporate social responsibility and sustainability, encouraging companies to prioritize these values in their operations.
What is Ratan Tata’s Net Worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Ratan Tata’s net worth is around $1 billion. This includes his ownership stake in Tata Sons and his investments in various companies and assets.
Why Ratan Tata is so Rich?
As per the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022, Ratan Tata’s net worth is around Rs 3800 crore. Much of this wealth has been derived from his ownership stake in Tata Sons, one of India’s largest conglomerates. In the previous year’s ranking, Ratan Tata was listed as the 433rd wealthiest person in India, with a net worth of Rs 3,500 crore. Currently, he is ranked 421 on the list of richest Indians.
Is Ratan Tata Married?
No, Ratan Tata has never been married.
What is Ratan Tata’s Family Like?
At age 10, Ratan Tata’s parents separated, and he was adopted by Navajbai Tata, his grandmother and the widow of Ratanji Tata. He has a younger brother, Jimmy Tata, and a half-brother, Noel Tata, from his father’s second marriage with Simone Tata. Ratan Tata was raised with Noel Tata.
Is Ratan Tata a Vegetarian?
It is not certain whether Ratan Tata is a vegetarian. He has a particular affinity for Parsi cuisine and is not afraid to try new and exotic flavors from around the globe. In fact, he actively seeks out opportunities to expand his culinary horizons and sample unique dishes from different cultures.
Why Does Tata Donate 66%?
The Tata Trusts hold 66% of Tata Sons’ equity, with dividends from the company being used to fund philanthropic efforts. For over 150 years, the Tata group has focused on addressing the pressing needs of India through its mission and initiatives.
What is the Total Value of Tata Group?
The various Tata enterprises and companies function autonomously under the direction of their respective boards of directors. As of December 31, 2021, a total of 29 Tata companies are publicly traded, with a combined market capitalization of approximately $314 billion (INR 23.4 trillion).
What is Ratan Tata’s Educational Background?
Ratan Tata received his education at various institutions, including the Campion School in Mumbai, the Cathedral and John Connon School, and the Bishop Cotton School in Shimla. He also attended the Riverdale Country School in New York City and graduated in 1955. In 1959, he received a bachelor’s degree in architecture from Cornell University. In 1975, Tata completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School, which he later endowed.
What is Ratan Tata’s Leadership Style?
Ratan Tata is known for his hands-on leadership approach and focuses on innovation and sustainability. He has also been recognized for his ability to make difficult decisions and his commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Is Ratan Tata the Richest Person in the World?
Ratan Tata’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 billion, placing him in the 433rd position. While he has significantly impacted the business world, Ratan Tata’s wealth does not place him among the wealthiest individuals globally.
What Advice Does Ratan Tata have for Young Entrepreneurs?
Ratan Tata has encouraged young entrepreneurs to focus on innovation and not be afraid to take risks. He has also stressed the importance of ethical business practices and corporate social responsibility.