40+ Robert Baratheon Quotes: Most Memorable Dialogues from the Iconic GoT Character
Robert Baratheon quotes from Game of Thrones are known for their wit, humor, and strength. These memorable sayings reflect the fierce personality of the former King of the Seven Kingdoms and his uncompromising attitude towards his enemies. Whether it’s his love for women, alcohol, or battle, Robert’s words will surely leave a lasting impact.
Robert Baratheon is a major character in the popular TV show Game of Thrones. He was the first King of the Seven Kingdoms after overthrowing the Targaryen dynasty.
Best Robert Baratheon Quotes of All Time
Here are some of the most memorable Robert Baratheon quotes to remember the first king of the Seven Kingdoms:
- He could have lingered on the edge of the battle with the smart boys, and today his wife would be making him miserable, his sons would be ingrates, and he’d be waking three times in the night to piss into a bowl.
- How long can hate hold a thing together?
- I don’t know what happened between you and those yellow-haired shits. I don’t want to know!
- I never loved my brothers. You were the brother I chose.
- I swear to you, I was never so alive as when I was winning this throne, or so dead as now that I’ve won it.
- I want the funeral feast to be the biggest the kingdom ever saw, and I want everyone to taste the boar that got me.
- I’m glad I could do something to make you happy.
- It’s a neat little trick you do, you move your lips and your father’s voice comes out
- Now the tarlys bend the knee like everyone else.
- She must have been a rare wench to make lord eddark stark forgets his honor.
- Soon enough that child will spread her legs and start breeding.
- Surrounded by lannisters, everytime I close my eyes, I see their blond hair and their smug satisfied faces.
- Take me to your crypt, I want to pay my respects.
- That’s all what the realm is now. Backstabbing and scheming and arse-licking and money-grubbing.
- The gods mock the prayers of kings and cowards alike.
- They never tell you how they all shit themselves. They don’t put that part in the songs… Stupid boy.
- We never had the chances to be young.
- Wear it in silence or I’ll honor you again.
- You helped me win the iron throne, now help me keep the damn thing. We were meant to rule together.
- You think? I think you’d remember. Back in our day, you weren’t a real man until you’d f**ked one girl from each of the seven kingdoms and the riverlands. We used to call it ‘making the eight.
- You were right, varys, littlefinger, my brother… Worthless. No one to tell me “No” but you. Only you.
- Your mother was a dumb whore with a fat arse. Did you know that?
Robert Baratheon Quotes on Kingly Duties
Check out these famous Robert Baratheon quotes on kingly duties:
- I need you Ned, down at kings landing, not up here where you’re no damn use to anybody.
- I should not have hit her. That was not kingly.
- I thought being king meant I could do whatever I wanted.
- It’s a great crime to lie to a king.
- I’m not trying to honor you. I’m trying to get you to run my kingdom.
Robert Baratheon Quotes on Love
Here are a few Robert Baratheon quotes on love that perfectly capture his feelings for the love of his life, who was long gone:
- The gods be damned. It was a hollow victory they gave me. A crown… It was the girl I prayed them for. Your sister, safe… And mine again, as she was meant to be. I ask you, ned, what good is it to wear a crown?
- You want to know the horrible truth? I can’t even remember what she looked like. I only know she was the one thing I ever wanted…Someone took her away from me, and seven kingdoms couldn’t fill the hole she left behind.
Funny Robert Baratheon Quotes
Check out these Funny Robert Baratheon quotes from the hit TV series, Game of Thrones:
- You’ve got fat.
- You let that little girl disarm you?
- You remember me at 16? All I wanted to do was crack skulls.
- Who named you? Some halfwit with a slutter?
- You heard the hand, the king’s too fat for his armor! Go find the breastplate stretcher! Now!
- Stop this madness in the name of your king!
Robert Baratheon Quotes on Death
Check out these quotes on death and killing by Robert Baratheon:
- I’ll kill every Targaryen I get my hands on.
- In my dreams, I kill him everynight.
Robert Baratheon Quotes on War
Here are a few quotes on war by Robert Baratheon:
- Backstabbing doesn’t prepare you for a fight.
- That’s your wise advise? Do nothing till our enemies are on our shoes?
- There is a war coming ned. I don’t know when, I don’t know who we’ll be fighting, but it’s coming.
- Which is the bigger number five or one … one army, a real army, united behind one leader with one purpose.
- Do you think it’s honor that’s keeping the peace? It’s fear, fear and blood.
About the Character – Robert Baratheon
Robert Baratheon is a fictional character from George R. R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” series, which was adapted into the popular television show “Game of Thrones.”
Robert is depicted as the king of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and a major character in the series’ first season. He is known for his boisterous personality, love of hunting, and his tendency to engage in drunken revelry.
Robert’s reign is marked by political turmoil as several factions vie for control of the Iron Throne. His personal life is marked by tragedy, as his marriage is characterized by infidelity and abuse.
Ultimately, Robert’s reign ends when he is killed in a hunting accident, setting off a series of events leading to the War of the Five Kings.
About the Actor – Mark Addy
Mark Addy is an English actor. He is best known for his role as King Robert Baratheon in the television series “Game of Thrones.” Mark has had a long and successful career in the entertainment industry, with numerous film, television, and stage credits to his name.
He has also appeared in films such as “A Knight’s Tale,” and “Robin Hood.” Addy has also appeared in other television dramas, including “Atlantis” and “White House Farm.” In 2023, he starred in the cast of “The Rig.”
Some of his other notable roles include Detective Constable Gary Boyle in the British comedy series “The Thin Blue Line,” Fred Flintstone in the live-action film adaptation of “The Flintstones,” and Dave in the romantic comedy film “The Full Monty.”
Difference Between Robert Baratheon in the Books and the Show
In George R. R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” book series, Robert Baratheon is depicted as a larger than life figure with a love for battle and women.
He is a man of contradictions, with moments of kindness and compassion but also a tendency towards cruelty and impulsiveness. In the books, Robert’s relationship with his queen, Cersei Lannister, is much more strained, with hints of physical abuse and infidelity on both sides.
In the television adaptation “Game of Thrones,” Robert is portrayed as a more jovial, boisterous figure with a love for drinking and hunting. While he is still depicted as a man with a tendency towards cruelty, his relationship with Cersei is portrayed as being more abusive and one-sided.
Robert is also shown as being more physically diminished, with a noticeable gut and a limp, as opposed to the fit and imposing figure described in the books. Additionally, the show eliminates some of the political intrigue surrounding Robert’s reign, focusing more on the power struggles between the different noble houses.
In both the books and the show, however, Robert’s death is the catalyst for the War of the Five Kings and sets in motion the events that shape the rest of the story.
Was Robert Baratheon a good king?
Whether King Robert Baratheon was a “good” ruler is a matter of debate. He was a strong and formidable leader who conquered the Seven Kingdoms and united them under his rule, but his rule was also marked by cruelty, impulsiveness, and love of vice.
How was Robert Baratheon killed?
King Robert was killed while hunting when a wild boar gored him and dealt him a mortal wound.
How is Robert Baratheon related to Ned Stark?
The bond between Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark is a strong one, rooted in their shared upbringing as wards under the tutelage of Lord Jon Arryn. The two men have a close friendship that is built upon their shared experiences and the trust they have earned for one another.
Did Robert Baratheon have Targaryen blood?
The question of Robert Baratheon’s Targaryen heritage is one that can be answered by delving into the distant past. It is said that at the root of this ancestry lies a full-blooded Targaryen princess named Rhaelle, who was Robert’s grandmother. She married Ormund Baratheon and from this union, a son was born, Steffon Baratheon.
Steffon went on to father the legendary brothers Renly, Stannis, and Robert, who each left an indelible mark upon the world in their own unique ways. And so, through the bloodline of Rhaelle and Ormund, the fire of the Targaryens runs through the veins of Robert Baratheon, granting him a special connection to that fabled family.
Is Robert Baratheon related to Daenerys Targaryen?
King Robert Baratheon and Daenerys Targaryen were second cousins, tracing their shared ancestry back to the union of Princess Rhaelle Targaryen and Lord Ormund Baratheon.
Did Robert Baratheon love Lyanna Stark?
King Robert’s feelings towards Lady Lyanna Stark are shrouded in mystery and the subject of much speculation. Some believe that he harbored a deep love for her, while others maintain that his feelings towards her were those of mere affection and camaraderie.
Did Robert Baratheon love Cersei Lannister?
Robert Baratheon’s relationship with Cersei was tumultuous, marked by love and hatred. While the pair shared a strong bond, it was frequently marred by infidelity, abuse, and political maneuvering.
Who becomes king after Robert dies?
Following King Robert’s death, the Iron Throne was claimed by Joffrey Baratheon, who was widely believed to be the son of the late king and Queen Cersei.
Who is Robert Baratheon’s rightful heir?
King Robert’s rightful heir is a matter of much debate, with many claimants to the throne vying for power in the aftermath of his death.
Did Robert know Jon was a Targaryen?
King Robert was not aware of Jon Snow’s true parentage, as Jon was believed to be the bastard son of Eddard Stark.
Did Cersei and Robert have a son?
Indeed, Cersei was blessed with one Baratheon heir. During the first season, she divulged to Lady Catelyn Stark that her first pregnancy was with Robert’s child. Unfortunately, the raven-haired infant perished from a fever shortly after its birth. From then on, all of Cersei’s children were fathered by Jaime Lannister.
Was King Robert drugged?
There are rumors that King Robert was drugged in the final days of his life, though the truth of these allegations remains uncertain. Although it was Cersei who ordered to get him drunk.
Did Cersei plan Robert’s death?
Before Robert met his untimely demise, Cersei had already orchestrated a fatal hunting “incident” for him. Upon his passing, Cersei assumed the role of regent and had Lord Eddard arrested on treason charges. Her plan was for Ned to make a public confession and serve his punishment by joining the Night’s Watch. Regrettably, King Joffrey ordered Ned’s execution, veering away from Cersei’s initial intentions.
Who defeated Robert Baratheon?
Robert Baratheon suffered defeat at the hands of Lord Randyll Tarly, who held the prestigious position of commander of the vanguard under Lord Mace Tyrell, during the Battle of Ashford.
Did Robert Baratheon kill Reagan Targaryen?
Yes. King Robert struck Rhaegar with a devastating blow from his war hammer, crushing his breastplate in the process. The red rubies adorning Rhaegar’s armor scattered and tumbled through the river, leading to the spot being referred to as the “Ruby Ford” ever since.