150+ Indian Republic Day Quotes: Patriotic Words in English and Hindi to Celebrate 26 January
This article is a collection of the best Republic Day quotes to reflect on. India celebrates its Republic Day (Ganatantra Divas) on January 26th every year to commemorate the day when the Constitution of India came into effect.
It’s a day to honor the nation’s rich history and diverse culture, as well as to reflect on the principles of unity, freedom, and democracy that form the foundation of the Indian nation. One way to do that is through the power of words, so in this article, we’ve compiled a list of inspiring quotes that capture the spirit of Republic Day.
From famous leaders and thinkers to everyday citizens, these quotes will help you reflect on the past and look forward to a bright future for India.
Famous Republic Day Quotes in English
Republic Day is a time to reflect on the principles that guide India. Words have the power to inspire, educate, and unite, which is why we’ve compiled a list of quotes in English to mark this special occasion.
These quotes come from famous leaders, thinkers, and freedom fighters who have played a significant role in shaping India’s history. They encapsulate the spirit of the nation, its Constitution, and the values that underpin it.
These Republic Day quotes in English are not only a reflection of the past but also a source of inspiration for the future. They remind us of the sacrifices made by our forefathers and the values that we must continue to uphold for a better India.
As we celebrate Republic Day, let’s take a moment to reflect on these quotes and the lessons they hold for us as a nation.
- The true source of rights is duty. If we all discharge our duties, rights will not be far to seek. If leaving duties unperformed we run after rights, they will escape us like will-o- the-wisp, the more we pursue them, the farther they will fly. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Let New India arise..let her arise out of the peasant’s cottage, grasping the plough; out of the huts of the fisherman, the cobbler, and the sweeper. Let her emanate from the factory, from marts, and from the markets and from groves and forests, from hills and mountains. – Swami Vivekananda
- India has no dearth of brave young men and women and if they get the opportunity and help then we can compete with other nations in space exploration and one of them will fulfill her dreams. – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- We end today a period of ill fortune and India discovers herself again. The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that await us. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- India is not a country of the Hindus only. It is a country of the Muslims, the Christians and the Parsees, too. The country can gain strength and develop itself only when the people of the different communities in India live in mutual goodwill and harmony. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Be the change that you want to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
- India is not a poor country. It is a rich country with poor people. – Abdul Kalam
- India has two million gods, and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers; India is the only millionaire. – Mark Twain
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
- India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great-grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. – Mark Twain
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. – Mahatma Gandhi
- The whole of India is one questing spirit. – Rabindranath Tagore
- You cannot change the past, but you can create the future. – Manmohan Singh
- The Constitution of India is a sacred document. It must be protected and preserved as a precious heritage of our people. – B.R. Ambedkar
- Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood… will contribute to the growth of this nation and make it strong and dynamic. – Indira Gandhi
- Democracy is not merely a form of government. It is primarily a mode of associated living, of conjoint communicated experience. It is essentially an attitude of respect and reverence towards fellow men. – B.R. Ambedkar
- Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. – Rabindranath Tagore
- Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you. – Swami Vivekananda
- The sanctity of law can be maintained only so as long as it is the expression of the will of the people. – Shaheed Bhagat Singh
- Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it. – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Let us together commence a journey of peace, harmony, and progress in South Asia. – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh, or a Jat. He must remember that she is an Indian. – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. – Albert Einstein
Republic Day Quotes in Hindi
Hindi, being one of the widely spoken languages of India, holds a special significance on this national holiday. To mark this special occasion, we’ve compiled a list of quotes in Hindi that encapsulate the spirit of the nation, its Constitution, and the values that underpin it. These Republic Day quotes in Hindi will not only remind us of our past but also inspire us to work for a better future for India.
- विजयी विश्व तिरंगा प्यारा झण्डा ऊँचा रहे हमारा |
- सबका साथ सबकी वफा, सबकी शान सबकी सम्मान, सब को मानने वाला एक समान हिंदुस्तान |
- सब के साथ सब के लिए, सब के साथ राष्ट्र के लिए |
- हमारी शक्ति को कम नहीं करता, हमारे कमजोर होने से कम नहीं होता |
- हम सबको एक से बढ़कर एक करके स्थान प्राप्त करने की शक्ति है |
- सब के साथ हम सब कुछ प्राप्त कर सकते हैं, कुछ करने के लिए सब के साथ कुछ हम नहीं कर सकते |
- हमारी अपनी कहावत ही हमारी पहचान है |
- हम सबको स्वतंत्रता की दुनिया में अपने स्थान को प्राप्त करने की आवश्यकता है |
- हमारी स्वतंत्रता से हम सब कुछ प्राप्त कर सकते हैं, पर स्वतंत्रता से बस कुछ नहीं |
- हम सबका सम्मान करते हुए हमारे देश को सशक्त बनाएंगे |
Happy Republic Day Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
Republic Day is an opportunity to honor the country’s rich history and diverse culture. One way to do that is by sending messages of celebration, wishing a happy Republic Day to loved ones, friends, colleagues, and family. It is also a way to show your love and gratitude for the nation and remind everyone of the importance of the day.
On this special day, people come together to express their patriotic spirit, renew their pledge to work towards a better nation, and remember the sacrifices of their forefathers who fought for the freedom and unity of the country.
Here is a list of Republic Day wishes, greetings, and messages that you can use to share your feelings and show your appreciation for the nation on this special day.
- As we celebrate our independence, let us free our minds from deleterious thoughts. Wish you all a Happy Republic Day!
- With a feeling of patriotism in my heart, I wish you and your family a very happy Republic Day.
- Happy republic day! Today was when India’s constitution was made, and we got independence in a real sense. Let us respect the day.
- We shall never forget the freedom struggle of our brave hearts. Happy Republic Day 2021!
- A thoughtful mind, when it sees a nation’s flag, sees not the flag, but the nation itself.
- Happy Republic Day! No matter where we are today, India is our constant identity.
- With faith in our hearts and independence in our thoughts, let’s salute the Nation. Happy Republic Day
- Give me blood and I shall give you freedom.
- Tiranga, which we unfurl on Republic Day, indicates our freedom.
- You should be proud that you are an Indian because those who are born in this great country are truly blessed. Happy Republic Day 2022!
- On this special occasion, let us make a promise to our motherland that we will do all we can to enrich and preserve our heritage and our national ethos. Wishing you all a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Freedom is indeed the most expensive as it came after the sacrifices of our freedom fighters, so never take it for granted. Happy Republic Day 2021!
- Let us join hands and work together to protect our nation from all the social evils that are tarnishing its greatness. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Some like Sunday, some like Monday, but I like one day and that is Republic Day! Wishing you all a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Freedom has not come easy, it is because of the sacrifices of our freedom fighters, so never take it for granted. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Freedom of thought, strength in our convictions, and pride in our heritage. Let’s salute our brave martyrs on Republic Day. Happy Republic Day!
- The father of our nation, Mahatma Gandhi said, Be the change you wish to see in this world. and those words are relevant even today. Be a Leader. Make the Difference. Wishing you a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Let us make a promise that we would not let the hard sacrifices of our brave freedom fighters go in vain. We would work hard to make our country the best in the world. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Freedom is my birthright and I shall have it.
- Rejoice in the glory of the nation and do not forget to thank the soldiers, who’s vigilance and sacrifice keeps us safe. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Let us join our hands and work together to protect our nations from all the social evils that are tarnishing it’s greatness. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- Our brave heroes waged a valiant struggle for years so that the future generations could live their lives with freedom and dignity. This is a day to celebrate them and what they fought for. Wishing you all a very Happy Republic Day!
- Freedom was not won easy, it was at the cost of the sacrifices of our freedom fighters, so we should never take it for granted. Happy Republic Day!
- May the brave leaders of our glorious nation guide us to peace and prosperity so that we can hold our heads high and be proud of our country. We salute the work they did for this country on this day. Wishing you a very Happy Republic day!
- You should always be proud that you are Indian because not everyone gets the honour and privilege of being born in this amazing country. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day!
- Let us remember the golden heritage of our country and feel proud to be a part of India. Wishing you all a very Happy Republic Day 2022!
- May you have joy to make you sweet, strife to make you strong, sadness to keep you human and hope to bring joy to our nation. I wish you a very Happy Republic Day!
- Never Forget The Hero’s Who Sacrificed Their Lives To Bring Up This Glorious Day To India, Happy Republic Day.
- As we celebrate the 72nd Republic Day, let’s promise to protect our nation and its flag. Happy Republic Day 2021!
- Freedom in the mind, Strength in the words, Pureness in our blood, Pride in our souls, Zeal in our hearts, Let’s salute our India on Republic Day. Happy Republic Day 2022.
- May our tricolour always fly high. Let’s take a moment to salute the pillars of our great Indian constitution — justice, equality, liberty and fraternity. Have a happy Republic Day.
- Wishing you a very Happy Republic Day. Let’s celebrate the spirit of freedom and unity that makes our country truly great.
- Let’s take a moment to remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and pay tribute to them on this special day. Happy Republic Day!
- As we celebrate Republic Day, let’s pledge to uphold the values of unity, freedom and democracy that make our nation great.
- Happy Republic Day! Let’s come together to celebrate the richness and diversity of our great nation.
- May this Republic Day bring peace, prosperity and happiness to every Indian. Happy Republic Day!
- Let’s take a moment to be grateful for the sacrifices of our forefathers and the freedom we enjoy today. Wishing you a very Happy Republic Day.
- On this special day of the Republic, let’s renew our pledge to work together to make India a better place for all. Happy Republic Day!
- Let’s celebrate the diversity and unity of our nation, on this Republic Day and always. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and prosperous year ahead.
- Let’s honor the spirit of freedom and democracy, let’s celebrate the spirit of unity and oneness of our nation. Wishing you a Happy Republic Day!
- On this Republic Day, let us come together to remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and honor the principles of unity and freedom that guide our nation. Wishing you a Happy Republic Day.
- On this Republic Day, let’s take inspiration from our Constitution and the values it stands for. Let’s work together to make our nation a better place for all. Happy Republic Day!
- As we celebrate the day of our Republic, let’s remember the sacrifices of our forefathers, who fought for freedom and unity. Let us pledge to continue their legacy by working towards a stronger and more united India. Wishing you a Happy Republic Day.
- Let’s come together to honor the Constitution of India, the very foundation of our nation. Wishing you a happy and prosperous Republic Day.
Inspirational Republic Day Quotes
As we celebrate Republic Day, it’s time to remember the dreams of our forefathers and the aspirations of our nation. It’s a time to honor the values that guide our nation, values such as freedom, democracy, and unity.
It’s a moment to acknowledge the sacrifices made by our freedom fighters and to renew our commitment to building a better India for all. These inspirational Republic Day quotes are not just words but also embodiments of the ideals that we hold dear as a nation.
Let’s take a moment to reflect on these quotes that fill our hearts with inspiration and motivate us to strive for a better and brighter future for our nation. Let us be reminded that together, as one nation, we can achieve greatness and make our dreams a reality.
- Freedom is not something that one people can bestow on another as a gift. Thy claim it as their own and none can keep it from them.
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, and oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
- Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. It is the most vital element for our life. Without it, there can be no true progress.
- Freedom is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave do not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.
- In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
- Liberty is the breath of life to nations.
- The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.
- Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
- Freedom is the last, best hope of earth.
- Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be.
- The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
- Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things. It is the continuous revolution of the marketplace. It is the understanding that allows us to recognize shortcomings and seek solutions.
- Freedom is not something that is given to us by others. It is something we take for ourselves.
Motivational Republic Day Quotes
On this Republic Day, let us take a moment to reflect on the great freedom and liberty we enjoy in India. We have the privilege of living in a country where we can express ourselves freely and are not bound by oppressive laws or oppressive regimes.
Let us remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters and be thankful for the hard-won independence we enjoy today. As we celebrate this day, let us also be inspired by the motivational quotes shared below to keep our spirits high and to always strive to make our country a better place.
Let us unite to make India a prosperous, peaceful, and progressive nation. Let’s celebrate this Republic Day with pride and honor! Here are some motivational Republic Day quotes to rekindle your Indian spirits.
- The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
- The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- It is easy to take liberty for granted when you have never had it taken from you.
- We are Indians, firstly and lastly.
- Let us celebrate and enjoy the freedom to live independently in our country.
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
- Today we are miles apart but still united in spirit. Salute the nation on this Republic Day.
- Let us all come together to make this Republic Day memorable and patriotic.
- Let us take a moment to remember all those who have given so much to make India a free country.
- Let us celebrate the spirit of patriotism and freedom on this Republic Day.
- On this day, let us take a pledge to uphold the integrity and sovereignty of our nation.
- Let us never forget the sacrifices of our freedom fighters who have given us this day of pride and glory.
Proud Republic Day Quotes
As we commemorate the proud day of India’s Republic, let us take a moment to reflect on the significance of this day and the brave hearts who fought for our freedom.
In honor of this momentous occasion, here are some proud Republic Day quotes to celebrate our nation’s unity and spirit of freedom. Let these poignant words remind us of our duty to uphold the values of democracy and cherish the gift of freedom that was so dearly won.
- Freedom is something that money can’t buy, it’s the result of the struggles of many brave hearts.
- The Republic is open to all, with equal rights and opportunities for all citizens.
- The Republic is a living symbol of the unity of the nation.
- Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
- Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people.
- Our freedom has been hard-earned, and we must never take it for granted.
- The Republic Day is the day when our nation rejoices in the glory of its freedom.
- Let us remember the sacrifice of those who fought for our independence and cherish the gift of freedom.
- The Republic is a celebration of the unity of our nation and the spirit of our freedoms.
- Let us honor the heroes of our nation and rejoice in the spirit of freedom.
- A Republic is a nation where the people are sovereign and their rights are protected.
- Liberty and justice for all is the cornerstone of our Republic. – Thomas Jefferson
- The Republic Day is a reminder of the strength of our nation and the resilience of our citizens.
- The Republic Day is an opportunity to renew our dedication to the cause of freedom and democracy.
- The Republic is a nation of peace and harmony, united in its diversity.
- Let us celebrate the Republic Day with joy and pride in our nation’s spirit of freedom.
- The Republic Day is a reminder of the courage and sacrifices of our beloved nation.
Heart-Touching Republic Day Quotes
It has been many years since India gained its independence, and each year we take the time to celebrate our Republic Day. We honor the leaders and freedom fighters who have sacrificed so much for our country, and we remember the struggles and victories that have made India the unique and diverse country that it is today.
But most importantly, we take a moment to reflect on the inspiring words of wisdom that have been passed down through generations. Here are some of the most heart-touching Republic Day quotes that will make you proud to be an Indian.
- There is no better country than Mother India.
- Let us honor the soldiers who laid down their lives for our nation.
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life.
- Let every patriot be honored; freedom is a light for which many have died in darkness.
- We must cherish and honor the spirit of freedom and patriotism.
- Let’s celebrate the spirit of freedom and unity on this Republic Day.
- Let us all come together to honor the spirit of Republic Day and celebrate the beauty of our nation.
- The spirit of democracy and freedom makes us proud of our nation.
- Let us give thanks to those who fought for our independence and liberty.
- On this special day, let us honor the brave hearts who made our freedom possible.
- We must always remember and cherish the spirit of unity and patriotism.
- Our Republic Day celebration is a reminder of the courage, strength, and resilience of our people.
- Let us take inspiration from our nation’s core values and make the world a better place.
- On Republic Day, let us remember the power of togetherness and strive for unity.
Army Republic Day Quotes
On Republic Day, we remember and honor the brave members of the Army who dedicate their lives to protecting our nation. To recognize their incredible service, here are some inspiring quotes about the Army to commemorate this important day.
- The Army is not just another government department. It is a symbol of our nation’s unity and strength.
- The Army is the shield of our nation, and we owe them our respect and gratitude.
- The Army is the guardian of our freedom, the protector of our nation.
- The Army is the backbone of our nation, and their service should be celebrated on Republic Day.
- The Army is the pride of our nation, and their courage and strength should never be forgotten.
- The Army stands for courage, honor, and loyalty, and they deserve our respect and admiration on Republic Day.
Republic Day Small Quotes
On Republic Day, people in India celebrate the spirit of democracy and patriotism by displaying the national flag, singing the national anthem, and observing small quotes that remind them of their country’s rich history and culture. Here are some meaningful Republic Day small quotes that everyone can use to show their love and respect for India.
- Let us see a dream this Republic Day; One Nation, One Vision, and One Identity.
- Democracy is the only system capable of reflecting the humanist premise of equilibrium and balance.
- Our forefathers gave us a republic country, but; would we be able to give our future generations a pollution-free country?
- Making India a democratic country was the dream of our forefathers and; ours should be a clean India and green India.
- Republic Day is a national event when India’s power, culture, and unity are displayed.
- The power of the people is stronger than the people in power.
- The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.
- My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
- Freedom is not free until it gives equal rights to all.
- Slavery is better than freedom in the true sense as it behaves equally with all.
- Freedom is not a thing, so it cannot be seen it can be felt only.
- Freedom is not to be free from any ruler. However, it is to be free from all the foundations whether they are physical, social, political, psychological, or intellectual.
- As being youth we only believe in the truth that we are forced to change the country’s fortune.
- Freedom is worth it if it makes people happy physically, mentally, socially, and psychologically.
- Don’t see the colors our national flag has, feel the meaning it reveals behind.
- We feel proud to live in a democratic country, however; do we know the real meaning of democracy.
- In a true sense, freedom is being free of diseases, greediness, and a filthy mind.
- Being Indian is our identity, however; being Republican is our country’s identity.
- It’s our pleasure to celebrate Republic Day every year.
- Let us take a pledge on this Republic Day to live for India till the last breath of life.
- If you want to live with freedom, love your country!
- If you want freedom by real means, be free from dirt, pollution, and global warming.
- Save the children, save the nation.
- Play your responsibility loyally to retain freedom in a country.
- Be loyal to your duties towards your country!
- Clean India Developed India is the way to real freedom.
Why Do We Celebrate Republic Day on Jan 26?
January 26 is celebrated as Republic Day in India because it marks the day when the Constitution of India, which is the longest written constitution for any country in the world, came into effect. On this day in 1929, the Indian National Congress declared the Purna Swaraj, or full independence from the British Raj.
The constitution was drafted by a drafting committee that was appointed two weeks after India’s independence on August 15, 1947, with Dr B. R. Ambedkar as its chairman. This day is celebrated with great pride by the citizens of India and is marked by military parades, cultural programs, and other festivities.
When Was Republic Day First Celebrated?
Republic Day was first celebrated on January 26, 1950, when India officially became a Republic.
What Things Are Done on Republic Day?
– Flag hoisting ceremony: A flag hoisting ceremony is held in all public places, with the national anthem being sung.
– Parade: A grand parade is held in the capital cities of each state, showcasing India’s cultural diversity, military might, and achievements.
– March-past: The armed forces and police forces of the country take part in a march past, saluting the President of India.
– Awards and Honours: National awards such as the Padma Awards and gallantry awards are presented to distinguished citizens in recognition of their service to the nation.
– Speech by the President: The President of India addresses the nation on the eve of Republic Day.
– Cultural programs: A variety of cultural programs are held across the country to commemorate the day.
– Celebrations: People celebrate the day with great enthusiasm, by hoisting flags, singing patriotic songs, playing folk music, and dancing.
At What Time Does the Republic Day Parade Start?
The Republic Day Parade typically starts between 9:30 AM to 10 AM IST on 26th January every year.
Who Takes the Salute on Republic Day?
The President of India, who is also the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces, takes the salute on Republic Day.
Who Hoists the Flag on Republic Day?
The Prime Minister of India hoists the national flag at the Red Fort in New Delhi on Republic Day.