125+ Dwayne Johnson Quotes: Musings of the Iconic Wrestler
Dwayne Johnson quotes are famous for their power and positivity; his words have been a source of inspiration for many people worldwide. He is known for his motivational speeches, and his quotes reflect his attitude toward life, work, and success.
Jonson is a multi-talented person who has achieved great success in his career as an actor, producer, and professional wrestler. The following are some of the most popular and inspiring quotes from Dwayne Johnson.
110 Most Memorable Dwayne Johnson Quotes
Check out these famous Dwayne Johnson quotes on his career, life, and success:
- ‘Be Cool’ was a defining movie for me.
- Ain’t nothing like a good cry.
- As a father, safety is always a top-of-mind issue for me.
- As we all know, sequels can be tricky.
- Barack Obama did tell me that I was one of Michelle Obama’s favorite actors.
- Because of my wrestling background, nothing a director can throw at me on a set can faze me.
- Before ever meeting Priyanka Chopra, I had heard her name coming out of Bollywood and was impressed: she was beautiful, talented, had made nearly 50 movies, earned multiple awards – a massive star.
- But being on location and shooting, whether it’s in Puerto Rico or Atlanta, it always reminds me of how really cool my job can be. Interacting with the fans is one of the best parts of it.
- But I do believe that there’s going to be a time where all movies are going to be made in 3D and it’s just going to be a given, and that is going to be an exciting time.
- By the time I was 23 years old, I had multiple arrests.
- Come on, you can’t name a truck after a chick.
- Every once in a while I get a highly inappropriate proposal which is like, ‘Wow, Really! You don’t even know me and I don’t know you at all, and you want that to happen? Tonight? Ok, I get off work at 7.30.’
- Football changed my life and it gave me a platform to get out my aggression and it gave me a sense of value.
- For ‘Hercules,’ I went for the demigod look: big and mean. When you’re playing a character like the son of Zeus, you only get one shot.
- For different roles, my condition and training and diet do alter. Depending on the role, it will really dictate the type of training I do.
- For me, it came from the material. It was so well written and brought the opportunity to work with great actors. And of course the opportunity to ‘mince about’ was an added element that I wanted to take advantage of!
- For me, training is my meditation, my yoga, hiking, and biking all rolled into one. Wake up early in the morning, generally around 4 o’clock, and I’ll do my cardio on an empty stomach. Stretch, have a big breakfast, and then I’ll go train.
- I absolutely believed when I was young because the Tooth Fairy was always good to me. The Tooth Fairy generally left me a dollar or two dollars and, as a kid, that was a lot of money.
- I break ground. I trailblaze.
- I can eat two large pizzas and a tray of brownies in one sitting. I’m not sharing that. We can get another one, but I ain’t sharing.
- I can hold my own when it comes to burping. I’ve got a good feeling that I could win a championship.
- I can’t deny that the thought of being governor, the thought of being president, is alluring. And beyond that, it would be an opportunity to make a real impact on people’s lives on a global scale. But there are a lot of other things I want to do first.
- I do all my own stunts. I’m kidding.
- I don’t have a need for speed. I’m not that guy.
- I don’t race cars.
- I enjoyed working with Stephen Merchant. He was wonderful. I’ve been such a big fan of his acting.
- I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.
- I grew up in a musical family; the majority of my growing up was done in Hawaii. It’s what we do. You sing, you dance, you play the ukulele and you drink.
- I have an immense amount of respect for acting. I’ve always loved movies and was always fascinated by movie-making. But to become an actor, I wanted to commit myself.
- I have good friends who are politicians on both sides.
- I know Gov. Christie. We’ve met a couple of times.
- I learned a long time ago how to be coachable.
- I like the idea of making a big, fun, adventure type of movie.
- I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.
- I liked his ability to deal with a lot of the negativity that surrounded him. Even though he was in a world that he didn’t want to be in, he still saw the bigger picture.
- I love Steve Carell.
- I love the 3D revolution. I love the technology today that continues to push the envelope, continues to break the new ground, and continues to raise the bar.
- I love WWE, and I love that platform. There is no other platform in the world that gives me that instant gratification. There is just no other platform.
- I never wanted to stay in one genre; I never wanted to be pigeonholed or defined as the actor who only worked in one genre. I want to be able to work in all different genres. For me it’s fun, and that’s how I grow as an actor.
- I plan on taking athletics as far as I can.
- I played with two lines of action figures when I was a kid: G.I. Joe and Star Wars.
- I started in action, and then I went to comedy school.
- I think that always makes it fun, trying to create a heroic character and putting your own twist on it and injecting your own personality into it.
- I think there are a number of things that you can do to encourage your kids’ dreams, but I do believe in speaking by experience of having a lot of help along the way, stumbling in the past. We’ve all stumbled, and we certainly all deserve to get up and walk again.
- I used to get into a lot of fights.
- I want someone who can trust that my big hands are going to take care of them.
- I was a bit challenged when I was younger to stay on the right path.
- I was a good football player, and I had a chance to play with some great players.
- I was born to play Hercules. I have loved and honored the mythology over the years – since I was a kid. When I first broke into Hollywood, ‘Hercules’ was one of the movies that I – not chased, because I didn’t have the power to chase anything – but always had in the back of my mind.
- I was brought up as an only child, and we were very close. But when I was 14, we got evicted. We came home to a padlock, and I looked up at my mom and she was crying, and there was nothing to do.
- I was raised by strong women, and that DNA is in my daughter and wife.
- I would never win an award for not loving pizza.
- I’d love to do a musical. I’ve been known to have a good step or two. I’m half Samoan, you know, and part of our culture is singing and dancing daily.
- I’ll be honest: I haven’t ruled politics out.
- I’ll never, ever be full. I’ll always be hungry. Obviously, I’m not talking about food. Growing up, I had nothing for such a long time. Someone told me a long time ago, and I’ve never forgotten it, ‘Once you’ve ever been hungry, really, really hungry, then you’ll never, ever be full.’
- I’m a passionate, hardcore fisherman. Biggest fish I caught? A 200-pound tarpon.
- I’m very low-key. I don’t really blend in, so it’s difficult to go out in public. I like to do things that are kind of quiet, whether it’s a dinner at my house or a restaurant, or a movie night at home.
- I’ve always loved the showmanship of professional wrestling. While I love making movies, I love that platform, too.
- I’ve always seen first responders as unsung heroes and very special people because, when everyone else is running away from danger, they run into it.
- I’ve been through natural disasters. I lived down in Miami and was down there for Hurricane Andrew which was a Category 5. There were members of my family that thought they were going to die. Everyone was in the bathtub.
- I’ve learned never to say never.
- I’ve never gone wrong trusting my gut.
- If I had to describe myself to an alien I’d say I was bigger than the average human, enjoy a drink or two with a good meal and have a bigger head than most. I’d also say I’m really handsome – especially if they were a female alien.
- If I want to be called ‘The Rock,’ I’ll be called ‘The Rock.’ If I want to go back to wrestling, I’ll go back to wrestling.
- If you check your ego at the door when it comes to comedy, you’ve got a pretty good shot at making a great movie that you can commit yourself to, you can jump off the proverbial cliff with, and have a great time, and the audiences respond to that.
- If you tell me there’s something I can’t do, I’ll want to do it even more. Especially when it comes to entertaining.
- In Hollywood, a lot of times when something is in development, it just takes a lot of time.
- In the ’60s and ’70s and early ’80s, the trainers would grind you, and eventually they would break something – they would break an ankle in ways that it would heal. It was just the way of the business, to ensure that you learned respect for wrestling.
- In wrestling, there’s a shelf life, and some wrestlers don’t pay attention to the shelf life.
- It took Simone a long time to understand why people want Daddy’s autograph. I’d tell her, and my wife would tell her, too, ‘People see Daddy in the movies, and they are excited to meet him.’ But she couldn’t really grasp it.
- It’s the philosophies of being an athlete that carry me today.
- Maybe I’ll give Broadway a try. But you know what would be great? Hosting the Oscars. I promise you, that would be a show no one forgot.
- Mickey Rourke’s character in ‘The Wrestler’ – that was my dad, that was my uncles, that was so many members of my family. It was the only thing they knew. And then they would end up wrestling for a hundred bucks, go to autograph signings for two hundred bucks.
- My freshman and sophomore years in high school, I spent a lot of time trying to get back on the right track. I was arrested multiple times by the time I was 16, so I had a little harder time trying to adjust like a lot of us do in high school.
- My genetic make-up is one of physicality. I’m a visceral guy.
- My grandfather was one of the very, very first, if not the first, Samoan wrestlers to become known on a worldwide basis.
- My mom cleaned toilets for a long time, and she’d seen a lot of terrible things, but she was still the strength of our family. And there are women like that all across the country – all around the world – who show that type of fortitude.
- My parents were dealing with evictions and repossessions and electricity getting shut off, and I just realized that I had to get it together.
- My parents weren’t actors or studio executives.
- My philosophy is, it’s always very rewarding when you can make an audience laugh. I don’t mind making fun of myself. I like self-deprecating comedy. But I’d like you to laugh with me occasionally, too.
- My reputation precedes me now.
- Nutrition is so important. It can’t be stressed enough.
- Oh, I can keep many secrets, so I would be a phenomenal secret agent. I love secrets.
- One of the skills I had to learn and become proficient in is kissing a man. I had never kissed a man. Will Smith did it in his movies, so did Jake Gyllenhaal, and I figured it was my time. So it was me and Steve Carell – fantastic. –
- Part of my daily regime is my glucosamine and, of course, a multitude of multivitamins. Branched-chain amino acids, glutamine, of course protein. I have one protein shake a day, and that is immediately after my training.
- Playing big, heroic characters with heart is always a lot of fun. I enjoy making movies like that, and a lot of people love to live vicariously through those characters.
- Some of the kids in school used to call my father a fake or a phony. That kind of thing brought on a few fights.
- That’s a traditional Samoan dance. I was lucky that I was able to fly my cousins, who are professional dancers, up from Hawaii and they were able to be in the movie with me. We had a great time.
- The goal for me is always to have the opportunity to work in different genres. This is a great and exciting time in my career, where I can have the opportunity to work in different genres, and also I recognize there’s not a lot of actors who have that opportunity and I’m grateful for it.
- The one thing I couldn’t identify with was the blue cowboy outfit he put on.
- The only film I’ve enjoyed starring a wrestler was Mickey Rourke in ‘The Wrestler.’
- The Revlon Run/Walk effort to focus on women’s cancer has my wholehearted support and gratitude.
- The sexiest thing that a woman can do, wear, and say all fall under one word to me: subtlety. To be subtle in the things that she does and the things she says and the things she wears – I appreciate the details.
- To be immortalized in a ride is a very cooI thing.
- What I like to do is get the family in the pick-up truck… and then we just go for a drive. That’s it!
- When a family film is done well, there’s a character that every member of the audience can relate to. I want to be one of those guys.
- When he speaks to you he speaks with an earnest vibe and an earnest energy.
- When I say I’m going to take care of a woman, I don’t just mean physically or sexually or romantically. I’m going to take care of her emotionally and spiritually. I’m going to take care of her in all ways. I take a lot of pride in that today.
- When I was 8 years old, I saw ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ in Charlotte, North Carolina. I walked out of there and was so inspired. I loved the movie, and I knew I wanted to be that guy.
- When I was 8, I thought I was Harrison Ford, Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor, Elvis, and Chuck Norris all at once.
- When I was a kid at four years old, that’s when I started amateur wrestling with my dad and family. And when that’s instilled in you, it never goes away.
- When I was a kid, I loved Elvis, and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. But I had no connection to Hollywood – and being a movie star was such a far-fetched idea, growing up in Hawaii.
- When I was ten, I won the horseshoe-throwing contest at summer camp. I was also the Wiffle ball champion in my town.
- When you have something as unique and special as the ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise, you want to create an experience for the fans that they can only feel and experience at Universal Parks.
- With action films, it’s great if it’s not just driven by action, but by a good story and interesting characters, as well. Though, there’s nothin’ like kicking butt!
- Wrestling is intimate. You can reach out and touch the wrestlers.
- Wrestling was like stand-up comedy for me. Every night I had a live audience of 25,000 people to win over. My goal was never to be the loudest or the craziest. It was to be the most entertaining.
- WWE is a space where I thrived, and I loved, and I still do. I love connecting with an audience; that is the greatest thing about going back to WWE.
- Yeah, I was a delinquent. It was when I was in the ninth grade. I was doing stupid stuff, and the cops came into the class. I was humiliated more than anything.
5 Dwayne Johnson Motivational Quotes
Here are some Dwayne Johnson motivational quotes to make your day:
- Around every corner, always protect the engine that powers you.
- As an athlete, you’d better laugh at yourself when you slip in the mud.
- Attitude and enthusiasm play a big part in my life. I get excited about the things that inspire me. I also believe in laughing and having a good time.
- I didn’t have to win, and winning wasn’t important to me. Being world champion wasn’t important to me. What was important to me was entertaining the audience, and whether that meant winning, losing, singing, or whatever it was on the live show we were doing every week, which was awesome, I was game for it.
- I knew credibility would come only in time and through earnest performances.
5 Dwayne Johnson Quotes About Life
Check these Dwayne Johnson quotes on life that capture the beauty and unpredictability of life:
- With all the success that I’ve been lucky enough to get? That doesn’t happen unless the home life is solid.
- I was fortunate and I was lucky that I had a couple of people in my life who cared about me. I had good, loving parents.
- I want to be a man who is truthful and who won’t let pride get in the way of my ripping myself open to my partner and saying, ‘Here I am. This is me.’ I feel there’s something powerful when a man reaches a point in his life when he can be completely vulnerable.
- I’ve been fortunate to have had the life I had prior to Hollywood. I wasn’t starving; I was going to eat the next day.
- Life is anything but predictable.
3 Dwayne Johnson Gym Quotes
Here are some of the most famous Dwayne Johnson gym quotes of all time:
- If you ever see The Rock working out in the gym, don’t think you can just go up and disturb his workout and expect him to take a picture. He’s there to work, so kindly just pass the silverback on by, or he’ll rip your face off.
- Working out anchors my day.
- The men I idolized built their bodies and became somebody – like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger – and I thought, ‘That can be me.’ So I started working out. The funny thing is I didn’t realize back then that I was having a defining moment.
3 Dwayne Johnson Hard Work Quotes
Check out these hard work quotes by Dwayne Johnson:
- Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.
- I’m always asked, ‘What’s the secret to success?’ But there are no secrets. Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.
- I knew early on that I wanted to entertain in some form. And I knew I would work as hard as anyone to do it.
3 Dwayne Johnson Love Quotes
Here are a few Dwayne Johnson quotes on love:
- I love making people laugh and feel good, and that’s awesome and special for me to be able to do that, but there really is nothing like kicking ass, whether it’s on a major scale or whether it’s in more of a dramatic fashion. Being physical and taking care of business the old-fashioned way is something that I love doing.
- If I love you, I show you I love you every day. Little things, big things.
- We all live with cancer, whether it is present in ourselves or affects someone we love.
5 Dwayne Johnson Inspirational Quotes
Check out these Dwayne Johnson inspirational quotes that’ll help you keep moving towards your goals:
- The one thing that I keep learning over and over again is that I don’t know nothing. I mean, that’s my life lesson.
- The single most powerful thing I can be is to be myself.
- With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains. I know. I’ve done it.
- You’ve got to keep your finger on the pulse of what your audience is thinking, and know what they’ll accept from you.
- Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy but being kind, in my opinion, is important.
3 Dwayne Johnson Success Quotes
Here are a couple of quotes on success by Dwayne Johnson:
- I like the idea of working in different genres and transcending genres and hopefully finding success, and ultimately make movies people like.
- The successful men I admired all built their bodies.
- It is no surprise that animation is Hollywood’s most successful and innovative genre.
5 Dwayne Johnson Quotes in Hindi
Check out these memorable Dwayne Johnson quotes in Hindi:
- मेरा काम, मेरा लक्ष्य, मेरी ज़िन्दगी, ये एक ट्रेडमिल की तरह हैं. और मेरे ट्रेडमिल पर कोई स्टॉप बटन नहीं है. एक बार मैं शरू कर देता हूँ, तो बस चलता जाता हूँ – चलता जाता हूँ.
- किसी ने मुझसे बहुत पहले कहा था, ‘एक बार अगर तुम भूखे हो गए, सचमुच भूखे हो गए, तो फिर तुम्हारा पेट कभी नहीं भरेगा.’ इसलिए मैं किसी न किसी रूप में हमेशा भूखा रहूँगा, जो मैं चाहता हूँ वो अपने के लिए उत्साहित और प्रेरित.
- विनम्र रहो. भूखे रहो. और कमरे में हमेशा सबसे अधिक मेहनत करने वाले इंसान रहो.
- खून, पसीना, और सम्मान. पहले दो आप देते हैं. आखिरी वाला आप कमाते हैं.
- ये तुम्हारी कार के बारे में नहीं है. ये विंडो से बाहर लटकती तुम्हारी बांह के साइज़ के बारे में है.
Who Is Dwayne Johnson?
Dwayne Johnson, also known as “The Rock,” is an American actor, producer, and retired professional wrestler. He is known for his roles in films such as The Fast and the Furious franchise, Jumanji, and Moana, as well as his time as a professional wrestler in the WWE. He has also been involved in various philanthropic and charitable efforts throughout his career.
When Is Dwayne Johnson’s Birthday?
Dwayne Johnson was born on May 2, 1972.
Where Was Dwayne Johnson Born?
Dwayne Johnson was born in Hayward, California, United States.
Who Are Dwayne Johnson’s Parents?
Dwayne Johnson’s father is Rocky Johnson, a retired professional wrestler, and his mother is Ata Johnson.
Does Dwayne Johnson Have Any Siblings?
Yes, Dwayne Johnson has a younger brother named Curtis Bowles and a sister named Wanda Bowles.
Who Is Dwayne Johnson’s Wife?
Dwayne Johnson is currently married to Lauren Hashian, a singer-songwriter. The couple got married in 2019.
Does Dwayne Johnson Have Any Children?
Yes, Dwayne Johnson has three daughters; Simone, Jasmine, and Tia.
What Are Some of Dwayne Johnson’s Most Notable Awards and Nominations?
Dwayne Johnson has won several awards throughout his career, including a Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Male Action Star, a MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo, and a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Premium Series Actor.
How Tall Is Dwayne Johnson?
Dwayne Johnson is 6 feet 5 inches (195.5 cm) tall.
How Did Dwayne Johnson Get Started in the Entertainment Industry?
Dwayne Johnson began his career as a professional wrestler in the WWE before transitioning into acting. He made his acting debut in 2001 with a minor role in the film The Mummy Returns.
What Are Some of Dwayne Johnson’s Most Popular Movies?
Some of Dwayne Johnson’s most popular movies include The Fast and the Furious franchise, Jumanji, Moana, and Hobbs & Shaw.
What Is Dwayne Johnson’s Net Worth?
As of 2022, Dwayne Johnson’s net worth is estimated to be around $800 million.
What Are Some of Dwayne Johnson’s Philanthropic and Charitable Efforts?
Dwayne Johnson has been involved in various philanthropic and charitable efforts throughout his career including the Rock Foundation. The foundation focuses on educating children about nutrition and healthy practices to help them achieve their fitness goals. The foundation serves a wide range of children, from infants to 22 years old.
The foundation’s programs and initiatives include hosting fitness and nutrition camps, providing scholarships for children to participate in sports and fitness activities, and partnering with other organizations to promote healthy living for children.
The foundation is committed to making a positive impact on the lives of children and promoting healthy habits that will benefit them in the long term.
What Are Some of Dwayne Johnson’s Hobbies and Interests?
Dwayne Johnson loves fitness and has been a dedicated weightlifter throughout his career. He is also a football fan and devout supporter of his alma mater, the University of Miami.
Does Dwayne Johnson Have Any Tattoos?
Yes, Dwayne Johnson has an emblem of an intricately designed eye on his chest and a sun on his neck.
Is Dwayne Johnson on Twitter?
Yes, Dwayne Johnson is on Twitter. He can be found at @TheRock.
Is Dwayne Johnson on Instagram?
Yes, Dwayne Johnson is on Instagram. He can be found at @therock.