45+ Beautiful Moana Quotes to Inspire and Uplift You
This article is a collection of some of the most popular quotes from Disney’s Moana – the 2016 animated musical fantasy film directed by Ron Clements and John Musker.
Best Moana Quotes of All Time
Here are some of the best and most famous quotes from the movie Moana:
- Her heart held the greatest power ever known.
- I have crossed the horizon to find you. I know your name. They have stolen the heart from inside you. But this does not define you. This is not who you are. You know who you are… who you truly are.
- Muscle-up, buttercup!
- I am curious about that chicken eating the rock. He basically lacks an intelligence required for pretty much… everything.
- Really? Blow dart in my butt cheek?
- You’re measuring the stars, not giving the sky a high five.
- If you start singing, I’m gonna throw up.
- See that line where the sky meets the sea, it calls me and no one knows how far it goes.
- The call isn’t out there at all, it’s inside me.
- We keep our island in our mind. And when it’s time to find home, we know the way.
Quotes by Moana
Moana is the main character in the 2016 Disney animated film of the same name. She is a strong-willed person who sets out on a journey to save her people and discover her true identity. Here are some of the best Moana quotes to remember:
- I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat, sail across the sea, and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- Sometimes our strengths lie beneath the surface … Far beneath, in some cases.
- What if we fish beyond the reef?
- Okay, first, I’m not a princess, I’m the daughter of the chief.
- There’s a whole ocean!
- There’s more beyond the reef.
- We were voyagers!
- The Ocean chose me.
- I am self-taught.
Quotes by Maui
Maui is a demigod and one of the main characters in Disney’s movie Moana. He is a trickster and shapeshifter who joins Moana on her journey to save her island and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- It’s actually “Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea, hero of men.
- When you use a bird to write with, it’s called tweeting.
- It’s called wayfinding, princess. It’s not just sails and knots, it’s seeing where you’re going in your mind. Knowing where you are by knowing where you’ve been.
- If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you’re a princess.
- Listen. For a thousand years, I’ve only been thinking about keepin’ this hair silky, getting my hook, and being awesome, again.
- I’ve got your back, chosen one. Go save the world.
Quotes by Gramma Tala
Gramma Tala is a character in the Disney animated film Moana. She is Moana’s grandmother and a wise and spiritual figure in her village, who plays an important role in Moana’s journey of self-discovery and fulfilling her destiny as the chosen one to save her people.
- In the beginning, there was only ocean.
- I’m the village crazy lady—that’s my job.
- Whatever just happened … Blame it on the pig.
- I’m his mom, I don’t have to tell him anything.
- When I die, I’m going to come back as one of these. Or I chose the wrong tattoo.
- Do you really think our ancestors stayed within the reef?
- Go inside, bang the drum, and find out.
- But one day, someone will journey beyond our reef, find Maui, deliver him across the great ocean to restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- There is nowhere you could go that I won’t be with you.
- If you are ready to go home, I will be with you.
Quotes by Tamatoa
Tamatoa is a villainous giant coconut crab from the Disney animated film “Moana”. He is known for his love of shiny objects and his penchant for singing about his own greatness.
- Are you just trying to get me to talk about myself? Because if you are … I will gladly do so—in song form!
- Just pick an eye, babe.
- I ate my grandma! And it took a week because she was absolutely humongous.
- The power of creation … For a crustacean!
- Hey! Hey! Did you like the song?
- Can we be real? If my name was Sebastian and I had a cool Jamaican accent, you’d totally help me. You would, you know you would.
Quotes by Chief Tui
Chief Tui is the leader of the island of Motunui, known for his strong and decisive leadership. He is fiercely protective of his people and their way of life, always putting their safety and well-being first.
- There will come a time when you will stand on this peak and place a stone on this mountain, like I did, like my father did, like his father and every chief that has ever been.
- No one goes beyond the reef!
Quotes by Sina
Sina is a determined and ambitious young woman who is always striving to reach her goals. With her strong work ethic and positive attitude, she is a force to be reckoned with in her field.
- Sometimes, who we wish we were, what we wish we could do, it’s just not meant to be.
- He’s hard on you because … because he was you.
Inspirational Moana Quotes
Here are some of the most inspirational quotes from Moana to lift your spirits:
- There comes a day when you’re gonna look around and realize happiness is where you are.
- The past shouldn’t be feared for it guides our future.
- Sometimes the world seems against you. The journey may leave a scar. But scars can heal and reveal just where you are.
- There’s just no telling how far I’ll go.
About the Movie – Moana
Moana is a 2016 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios.
It was directed by Ron Clements and John Musker and tells the story of Moana, the strong-willed daughter of the chief of a Polynesian village, who is chosen by the ocean to reunite a mystical relic with a goddess. When a blight strikes her island, Moana sets sail in search of Maui, a legendary demigod, hoping to save her people.
The film features the voices of Auli’i Cravalho as Moana and Dwayne Johnson as Maui. It was released in the United States on November 23, 2016. Moana received positive reviews from critics and was a box office success, grossing over $643 million worldwide.
It also received several awards and nominations, including an Academy Award nomination for the Best Animated Feature and the Best Animated Feature Film award at the 2017 Annie Awards.
Moana has been beautifully crafted to tell an exciting, adventurous story that sends out a strong message of self-discovery, empowerment, and the importance of preserving cultural heritage.
It also features an exceptional soundtrack with songs written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, which are catchy and memorable. This animated film is a must-watch for people of all ages, especially those who love Disney movies, adventure stories, and musicals.
About the Creators – Ron Clements and John Musker
Ron Clements and John Musker are American animation directors, writers, and producers who have worked together for over three decades. They are best known for their work at Walt Disney Animation Studios, where they have directed and produced several critically acclaimed and commercially successful films.
They made their directorial debut with The Great Mouse Detective in 1986 and went on to direct the highly successful films The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and The Princess and the Frog. Their films are known for their memorable characters, catchy songs, and adventurous stories.
In 2016, they directed the Disney animated film Moana, which went on to become a critical and commercial success, winning several awards and receiving multiple nominations.
Clements and Musker have also been credited with helping to revive the Disney animation studio in the 1980s and 1990s and for their contributions to the Disney Renaissance, a period of renewed success for the studio in the late 20th century.
The duo have been inducted into the Television Hall of Fame and the California Hall of Fame. They have also received multiple awards and honors for their contributions to the animation industry, including several Annie Awards and a Winsor McCay Award.