200+ Captivating Quotes from the Charming World of Emily in Paris
The hit Netflix series Emily in Paris transports us to the city of lights, where love, fashion, and adventure await. The show follows Emily Cooper, a young marketing executive from Chicago, as she navigates the ups and downs of life in the City of Love.
With her relatable struggles and charming wit, Emily has become a beloved character for many. In this article, we will delve into some of the most memorable quotes from Emily in Paris, offering a glimpse into the world of Emily and her enchanting journey.
68 Best Quotes from the Hit Netflix Series Emily in Paris
Here are some of the most iconic quotes on life, love, friendship, fashion, and more from Emily in Paris:
- You’re in Paris now. I’m sure we can find you something better than peanut butter.
- Like wearing poetry.
- Gossip Girl. We watched the entire series to find out it’s Dan.
- What happened?
- I feel like I’m dreaming and I’m about to wake up.
- Has anyone noticed this is a very dysfunctional workplace?
- I have been sleepwalking for too long. And now, I wake up.
- No, but maybe a friend.
- Just this girl from Chicago who’d get really drunk and then hit on everyone’s boyfriends.
- Yeah, it was like kind of a joke until it wasn’t.
- So, you create the disease, then you treat the disease, then you market the treatments of the disease.
- You didn’t do anything to Camille. You did do a lot of things to me
- You’re a man who fights for his convictions. I like that.
- Your rival still wants a piece of you. Grégory doesn’t look triumphant, he looks desperate. For now. But if you react, you look defensive and small.
- Okay. I’m sorry. Don’t listen to me. I mean, at this rate even I wouldn’t listen to me.
- Coup de foudre. that literally means lightning strike. Or thunderclap.
- It’s like a…summer storm! We get those in the Midwest all the time.
- Okay, where do I begin? Well, you all have made my time here so special. And I know that I’m still getting my footing and making a bunch of mistakes along the way. So, pardon! But truly thank you guys for putting up with me.
- Don’t you know what happens to Jean Valjean when he stole the baguette? Have you ever seen Les mis?
- Did we have to see them cremated and their bones crushed to dust?
- It killed them. It was a tragedy.
- What’s wrong is I’m only in Paris for a year. It’s always been the deal, and I don’t want us to start something that we can’t continue. This, you and me, it’s a fantasy. It’s a Paris fantasy.
- It’s not a fantasy to me.
- Le Chef Hot? Really?
- I don’t know how you’ve been helping the restaurant, but I’ve been propositioned by half the women in Paris.
- Excuse me. That was your presentation? After everything that I told you. That my clothes are amusants?
- I still can’t tell if you’re joking or not.
- See, I don’t joke about everything. I get serious about things I like.
- Are you pulling a Houdini?
- If that means sneaking out, yes. But, I need to borrow a getaway shirt.
- Well, if it’s been more than 24 hours, then he’s not into you. Or, you should file a missing person’s report.
- So when you said we couldn’t be together, it wasn’t because you had an expiration date. You were seeing someone. He is the reason.
- Maybe more ignorant than arrogant.
- Okay so, before I give this back to you, I have to delete some messages I sent you.
- Oh, Cooper. Do you like me?
- You do know some French.
- I want you to be happy, Emily. I just didn’t want to have to see it.
- Everybody is looking for a French daddy.
- He negotiated his deal with a man, and this place is now run by two strong women.
- I’m not interested in playing second fiddle to some other guy.
- The way I’m starting to feel about you, for me, it is real.
- This is not how we run our company.
- You take care of your business, I take care of mine.
- This is the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make.
- You just moved in, and you’re already his boulangerie b*tch.
- The only baguettes I’m interested in are diamonds.
- It’s still McDonald’s, but it’s adapted to the French culture.
- I didn’t want you to make a McMistake before sampling the product.
- No time to pack during a coup, huh?
- Your success is our success.
- Try not to disappoint me a third time.
- The American dream turned into the French nightmare.
- French is the language of diplomacy.
- Me and an American company, it’s like you and that dress. It just doesn’t fit.
- I’ll give it to Paris. Even when you have a bad day, the city is looking great.
- This is the only thing I have left that is not encrusted in baby vomit.
- Every bonjour they say is so loaded.
- Are those trauma bangs too?
- I can’t do my zoom in here; it’s like working in a hot pocket.
- It’s funny how you become the things you hate.
- Somehow, I think you always get what you want.
- I keep busy to keep from going insane.
- I think Alfie better get his pretty little tush back to London.
- The rumor of my death has been greatly exaggerated. The truth is, Pierre Cadault, the brand, is dead. It died the moment I sold my soul to JVMA.
- Every time I think I’m in a real relationship and I tell my family, the rug just gets pulled out from under me. And I never see it coming.
- I guess the whole world is gonna know about us now.
- I’m scared too, but it’s worth it.
- I have always loved the idea of a skirt for men. They are so roomy. Everything can breathe.
Emily in Paris Season 1 Quotes
Check out these witty quotes from Emily in Paris season one:
- I did Rosetta Stone on the plane, but it hasn’t kicked in yet.
- The French are romantics, but they’re also realists.
- Smoking is a pleasure, and without pleasure, who are we?
- Desire does not mean lack of respect. In fact, quite the opposite. It is a sign of respect.
- No, she broke it. Ever since she come here, there have been issues.
- Chinese people are mean behind your back. French people, mean to your face.
- I think the Americans have the wrong balance.
- Your language is seriously effed up.
- I have been dreaming of moving to Paris forever, you know. I mean French men, they love older women. Look at their president. He’s young. He’s hot. He married his schoolteacher.
- It might be culturally inappropriate.
- Paris seems like a big city, but it’s really just a small town.
- I’d bone appétit him.
Emily in Paris Season 2 Quotes
Check out these Emily in Paris quotes on love, friendship, and fun from season two:
- It’s like I came to Paris, and suddenly I’m Pam Spicer.
- How can I go back to a man whose ego is so fragile that he’d rather move away than accept my family’s support?
- Oh Emily, you are getting more French by the day.
- You do know a little French.
- All French pans look alike.
- I can’t believe the girl I stayed in Paris for doesn’t want to be with me.
- He’s not my boyfriend!
- It’s illegal to work on the weekend in France.
- And you will have magically unslept with her boyfriend.
- Stop trying to fix everything. You are just making more work for everyone else. On a weekend, it’s illegal.
- You are going to start having to live with the consequences of your infidilty.
- That dirt bag is my husband.
- I had a crazy weekend with my friends, and it’s exactly what I needed.
- Chef on your left!
- I’m all about doing the right thing now, with clients and neighbors.
- Emily is one of the good ones.
- I prefer American men. I mean, they are so big and hairy. And they seem very easy, too.
- I like his big head.
- To think about life is to contemplate death.
- I don’t want to throw away what we have.
- I think butter is where Chicago and Paris meet.
- She put an omelette pan in our toilet, Em.
- Who puts their initials on a pan?
- Talent like yours is worth a lot more than that.
- You can’t talk your way out of this one, Emily. You don’t have the vocabulaire.
- I think most girls would forgive you, but a French girl? Nah.
- Don’t laugh at the leek.
- I can’t just magically transformed into someone who can sleep with a friend’s boyfriend and not care.
- You took me to a movie about a menage a trois?
- I’ve been meaning to tell you, you’ve been using dog shampoo, Miss.
- From Madam PiPi to scant queen.
- What’s I didn’t know he was your boyfriend when I kissed him in French?
- I’m very sorry I hurt you. You welcome me to Paris, I’m happy for your friend. Do you believe I miss me? I like you most, daughter. I am sad that I am naughty. I forgive your lost heart. I very need you to talk and hear, please. Love forever, Emily.
- I don’t understand why you did what you did, just like I don’t understand a f*cking word in your letter. Leave me alone, you illiterate sociopath.
- Unlike magic leek soup, there is no quick fix for betraying a friend.
- Americans are very good at capitalizing on love.
- If you’re gonna do Paris for one year, for God’s sake, do it right.
- I hope you both find your grades as funny.
Emily in Paris Season 3 Quotes
Here are some more Emily in Paris quotes from season three because we know you just can’t get enough!
- I think the universe is trying to send me a message.
- That’s the thing about your generation, Emily—not a shred of mystery. The whole world knows where you are all the time.
- Why don’t you follow me, Emily?
- I guess those endless selfies are finally paying off.
- I think you are just fine being you.
- I think you have the answer to your Visa problem right there.
- The closest I’ve been to Australia is Outback Steak House.
- The one down-side to being a rebel is that your parents shut you out.
- It’s nice to talk to someone you don’t have to explain yourself to.
- I’m not much of a city person, but Paris is really magical.
- I live here, and I never get over how beautiful it is.
- So I am not one of the faces changing Paris.
- You are supposed to promote this company, not yourself and your chef.
- I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for number one.
- I can’t change my past. If you’re always going to resent me for it, maybe we don’t have a future.
- Guys aren’t great with communication when they’re mad.
- He likes to spend it and not worry about it. So I spend all of my time worrying about it.
- Mourning period’s officially over.
- I’ve never seen you this excited, and it’s over a car.
- I just want to be the only man in your life.
- This has a better office and way better company.
- Don’t let him run over you like he did with the last CFO.
- He also doesn’t think my kids will enjoy my cooking. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
- The juice went bad.
- I’ll be over here toasting to the shortest job I’ve ever had.
- Scarcity creates the man.
- I don’t understand, you are married to him and having an affair with me, or you’re in a relationship with me having an affair with your husband.
- Thank you for explaining to me the simple law of supply and demand, Emily. Next stop, the World Bank.
- As long as he’s happy and you still have a job, I’m good.
- Luxury is a necessity that begins when necessity ends.
- My business is in trouble. If I don’t have a business, you don’t have a business.
- Everyone loves a story about two people trying to fight off their natural attraction to each other.
- I feel like we’re walking into heaven on acid.
- I think your crotch is vibrating.
- He never misses a champagne toast. Especially when it’s for him.
- He has no idea that we’re working for his label, but he’s not.
- Only Pierre Cadault would be run over and live. In a horror movie, he’s that monster.
- Fashion is a dirty business.
Emily in Paris Quotes by Emily
Emily is the protagonist of the series Emily in Paris who navigates her new life in Paris and encounters many bumps and joys along the road:
- I like Paris, but I’m not really sure Paris likes me.
- We never really had a chance but at least now, we have this one perfect thing.
- You’re nice and French, and you speak English?
- I’m not somebody who can share a crepe. I need the whole crepe.
- Smudge-proof. Even when you’re berry hungry.
- I feel like Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge.
- Paris is for cheese lovers.
- Well, this will give you something to dream about.
- The irony of menopause. Just when you have the time to really explore your mature, adventurous, sensual self, the vagina goes on strike.
- Without basic B*tches like me, you wouldn’t be fashionable.
- How about you do you, and I’ll do me?
- I’m really going to miss your omelets.
Emily in Paris Quotes by Mindy
Check out these witty and popular quotes by Mindy from Emily in Paris:
- Beyoncé is worth far more than the Mona Lisa.
- Please, for my sanity, use your words.
- You haven’t done Paris right until you’ve had at least one wildly inappropriate affair.
- Are you okay? You look like you just lost a follower.
- You have sex with another one!
- I’m Mindy! I’ll be in le room pipi all night, so find me!
Emily in Paris Quotes by Luc
Check out the quotes by Luc from Emily in Paris:
- You live to work. We work to live.
- It’s one thing to cheat on your wife with your mistress. It’s another thing to cheat on your mistress with a young American.
- You can never escape life. Never.
- No, Emily. After life is nothing. Probably oblivion. A darkness we cannot imagine. So! Every birthday I like to enjoy every minute of life while I am here.
- Oui. A cautionary tale.
- Of course. It’s beautiful. Their love is eternal.
- Emily, we really shouldn’t be discussing Sylvie‘s private life.
- We’re meant to feel the seasons change. Can’t you accept nature, Emily? Must you control everything?
- You came to Paris and you don’t speak french. That is arrogant.
- Well, Let’s call it the arrogance of ignorance.
Emily in Paris Quotes by Sylvie
Here are some famous quotes by Sylvie from Emily in Paris:
- Oh, I see. Focus on having sex with a client to get your mind off your friend’s boyfriend. Are those the new rules?
- Women look to you to make them feel good about themselves. Don’t underestimate the power you have to do that.
- She said, it doesn’t matter what language you’re speaking. I don’t believe a word coming out of your mouth.
- Learn French. For starters.
- You Dutch like your coffee and your bikes, huh?
Emily in Paris Quotes by Julien
Here are some memorable quotes by Julien from Emily in Paris:
- We don’t speak of Durée in this office. They used to be a client.
- We don’t speak of it, Emily.
- Yeah, happy endings are very American.
- You’re the one bringing the drama.
Emily in Paris Quotes by Camille
Check out these quotes by Camille from Emily in paris:
- I mean, the only ‘someone else’ is his restaurant. His pots and pans mean the world to him. Actually, more than people.
- Of course. I grew up watching American TV.
- There is only one way to get a guy out of your system.
- Your hopeless romantic act was charming five years ago. It’s time to grow up.
- To Emily, our hostess, who certainly has made her share of mistakes in Paris. She pretended to be my friend while she had an affair with my boyfriend. And, to my boyfriend, who f*cked my fake friend! A votre santé!
- If it’s okay with you, I would be more comfortable conducting our business in French. There are nuances about my family’s company that cannot be discussed in English, I’m afraid.
Emily in Paris Quotes on Love
Here are some beautiful quotes on love from Emily in Paris:
- It also means love at first sight.
- And I’m not going to fall in love with you when we have an expiration date.
- So you want me as your secret lover?
- There’s nothing I love more than growth.
- If you’re really in love, the money doesn’t matter.
- I love you both, and I’m going to end up with nothing.
- I won’t go to St. Tropez with a girl who’s in love with someone else.
Emily in Paris Quotes on Life
Check out these meaningful quotes about life that capture its ups and downs from Emily in Paris:
- You changed my life. And I’m glad we had our moment. I felt a life-time of feelings that I felt that one night.
- He has found himself in a second-rate champagne. You can never predict the course of a man’s life.
- Your life in Paris is far more interesting than mine.
- I had big dreams the first time we came here. And they’ve only gotten bigger. I see my life with you.
- We’re on the precipice of the rest of our lives.
- You know what someone said to me recently when I was in a tough spot? Push, even when it hurts.
- Our secret is what keeps us close.
Emily in Paris Quotes for Instagram
Here are some Instaworthy quotes for your next snap from Emily in Paris:
- It’s Paris, everyone’s serious about dinner.
- A little ‘Bonjour’ goes a long way.
- With a little help from mon amie.
- We came here to lose ourselves and find adventure.
- To sleep under the stars.
- Don’t waste time with guilt.
- Toodles, poodles.
- Do you know the way to St. Tropez?
About the Netflix Series – Emily in Paris
Emily in Paris is a romantic comedy-drama television series created by Darren Star for Netflix. The series was released in October 2020 and quickly became one of the year’s most talked-about shows.
It stars Lily Collins as Emily Cooper, a young marketing executive from Chicago who is sent to Paris to provide an American perspective to a French marketing firm. Emily finds herself navigating the complexities of working in a foreign country, learning about the culture, and finding love in the city of lights.
With its stunning cinematography, delightful soundtrack, and charming cast of characters, “Emily in Paris” is a must-watch for anyone looking for a fun, feel-good series. The show has been praised for its escapist appeal and its depiction of the city of Paris and has been renewed for a fourth season following the success of the previous three.
About the Creator – Darren Star
Darren Star is an American television producer, writer, and director best known for creating and producing some of the most successful television series of the past few decades. Star was born on July 25, 1961, in New York City and began his career as a writer on the popular show “Beverly Hills, 90210”.
He went on to create several other successful shows, including “Melrose Place,” “Sex and the City,” and “Younger.” Star has been recognized for his work in television and has received several awards and nominations.
In 2020, he created “Emily in Paris,” which has become a huge Netflix sensation. Star’s ability to create relatable, complex characters and his knack for capturing the zeitgeist of the time have made him one of the most successful television creators of all time.